Locker Rooms and Team History

nurx

Being part of a league that is *checks notes* more than 15 years old means we are surrounded by history in the league. While the history is unimportant in reality it is nice to know that the league most likely won't be disappearing in the near future. That does mean that I believe we as people well into the leagues history have a sort of responsibility to archive history to some degree. Discord server are hard to archive, but if you wanted to you could search a discord server and find what members of a team were saying when they won that cup 23 seasons ago. That is if the server still exists. We have recently run into a situation where a few locker rooms have either had a few issues with transferring or they were completely lost. This isn't the biggest problem but it is a bit sad. I think it would be nice to have a group do like 10 people who are very high ranking in the league to have ownership of servers specifically VHLM servers that way no one person has to deal with all the servers, but we also never have to lose a server in the future.

6 minutes ago, nurx said:

I think it would be nice to have a group do like 10 people who are very high ranking in the league to have ownership of servers specifically VHLM servers that way no one person has to deal with all the servers, but we also never have to lose a server in the future.

There's been discussions and discourse in the past about the mod team owning all VHL/E/M servers, and that's something that many people (including myself) were strongly against. No one should have to feel like they're being watched 24/7, including within any private channels that may have strategic or unique discussions. Also the last times it came up were in response to someone getting punished and then deleting their LR (accidentally in one case), so in the vast majority of instances there are smooth transitions.

I won't speak to the VHL or E, but Gus and I could speak to the M GM's and see if they want to have a new "VHLM Commish" account own all the LRs and just keep that login info somewhere in the VHLM Commish subforum. 

11 minutes ago, Spartan said:

No one should have to feel like they're being watched 24/7, including within any private channels that may have strategic or unique discussions.

that is incredibly important, but I do find it a bit disappointing when we lose a server. I think the burner account that isn't used would be a great choice.