UFA Class of S89

Gaikoku-hito

Here we are in the deep dark days with cold weather frosting the tips of the trees and the sun nowhere to be seen. Yes, I am talking about the off season and yes, I think majority of us are starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel; if not I guess that is why I am going to write this article looking at what could be a crazy UFA class with possibility of forty-three players looking for a new place to play next season. Let take a look at some of the big names available:

1.     (S82) C - The Board Game Clue On Skates

Possible Locations: Malmo Nighthawks, Riga Reign, Toronto Legion, Warsaw Predators

2.     (S82) D - Bo Johansson (Mutual Option)

Possible Locations: Helsinki Titans, New York Americans, Toronto Legion, Chicago Phoenix

3.     (S83) D - Ryuji Sakamoto

Possible Options: Toronto Legion, Chicago Phoenix,

4.     (S84) D - AK92 Wit da Hoodie         

Possible Options: Helsinki Titans, New York Americans, Toronto Legion, Chicago Phoenix

5.     (S85) LW - Daniel Weaver

Possible Options: Malmo Nighthawks, Toronto Legion, Warsaw Predators, Chicago Phoenix

6.     (S83) D - AirRig GoodBrandSun (Re-signed with Calgary Wranglers)

Possible Options: Calgary Wranglers, Helsinki Titans, New York Americans, Toronto Legion, Chicago Phoenix

7.     (S84) D - Malum Maellard

Possible Options: Helsinki Titans, New York Americans, Toronto Legion, Chicago Phoenix

8.     (S82) RW - Vasile Lamb

Possible Options: Malmo Nighthawks, Toronto Legion, Warsaw Predators, Chicago Phoenix, Riga Reign

9.     (S81) D - Biggie Cheese

Possible Options: Helsinki Titans, New York Americans, Toronto Legion, Chicago Phoenix, Warsaw Predators

10.  (S83) G - Augustus Kennedy (Re-signed with New York Americans)

Possible Options: Warsaw Predators, Malmo Nighthawks, New York Americans

These are the top ten players that are currently UFA and should command a lot of interest as UFA opens later this week. It will be interesting to see where these ten players sign as they could quickly change the shape of two franchises and could also shift the balance of power in the VHL for this coming season.

340 words  

Edited by Gaikoku-hito