Viktor Jensen Skipping VHLE

Advantage

VIKTOR JENSEN SKIPPING THE VHLE

Today we learned through a Press Statement made by Viktor Jensen through the ADV Agency that he will be not taking part in the VHLE next season and will instead jump right up to whatever team drafts him in the Victory Hockey League.  For a number of seasons now it has been pretty standard for players to go from the VHLM to the VHLE and then finally to the VHL.  While there had been whispers, most analysts and pundants were pretty confident that Viktor Jensen would be selected somewhere in the first round on both VHL and VHLE Draft Days.  However, with the announcement today that will no longer be the case.  Here is a snippet from the statement:

"Today, I announce that I will not be playing for the VHLE next season.  I have reached out to all VHLE Management Teams so that they are aware and I hope they understand.  While I believe the VHLE is an excellent league and one that most prospects should take advantage of, I have made the decision that playing nine seasons in the VHL is best for my career, and while I know that may be controversial to some, that is what I have decided to do.  My dream has always been to play in the VHL and while I know that may upset some fellow Europeans, I hope they do understand that I want to play at the highest level possible no matter what continent I am on."

Jensen, who has been representing Team Europe on the International level, is coming off a strong season for the Houston Bulls and a standout performance in the JST where he dominated the scoring race throughout the entire tournament but fell short to the Brigade in the Semi Finals.  Will this be the best decision for Viktor Jensen's career or will he become an example of why you don't skip the VHLE? Time will tell.