One Year in the VHL

aimkin

One year in the VHL. Holy shit. I can’t believe I stuck with my first ever sim league for a year with no signs of losing interest. 52 weeks of writing, creating, earning, chatting and learning. It feels like it went by so fast and I think that since I took my 6-month look back to talk about all the amazing people I have met and the community, I wanted to look back at myself as a user on this forum and see what I have accomplished in my first year.

For those who follow me, you know I pump out decent content every week. Whether it’s my articles, media spots, the few meh graphics I’ve done, or my recent attempt at a podcast, I always put 100% in (except for that one graphic; thank you spartan for accepting it during tax season). Along with responding to 50 Press Conferences, I have produced the following content:

33 Media Spots
51 Articles
10 Graphics
3 Podcasts

I have also contributed to the seasonal VHL donation 6 times, won 4 days, gained 7 followers, had 1 recruit, and have gained a forum reputation of 560. All of this has put me at an average weekly earning of 20.5 TPE and a current total TPE of 1,095. I still remember when I was fighting just to get to a few hundred so I could make any impact with my player. 

Believe it or not, because it took a minute for me to realize, I have 5 seasons behind me with Jesse. I’ve spent time with 3 teams (Saskatoon, Cologne, London), have no awards, and 1 recently earned cup. But being 5 seasons into a full VHLM to VHL career means that my time with Jesse is almost half-way over. I do plan on keeping them for the full 9 VHL seasons but it’s weird to think that in about another year, I’ll be making a whole new player. Don’t worry, I plan to enjoy and cherish every day from now until then.

Recently I also managed to get into 3rd for my draft class and probably not too far from catching up to Henry Eagles @Greg_Di. The fight to catch up to John Jameson @Frank however, is definitely far off in the distance. But then again, I’ve still got 5 seasons so see if I can pull it off.

I think the one thing I’ve done in the VHL that I wish I could continue to do, is be in a leadership role. I really enjoyed being AGM for San Diego under Jacob for 2 seasons but with my work schedule from January to April the way it is, I know that I cannot in good conscience take any sort of leadership role within a team. I had once thought that GMing would be way above my abilities and it’s sad to think that a little more education and knowledge and I could have had a shot at actually doing it.

I think it’s safe to say that I’ve had not only a productive but a quite successful first year in the VHL. I am definitely looking forward to the next one.

531 words for week ending 6/18/2023

Edited by aimkin

I joined around the same time you did and it's definitely been one heck of a journey. I also have no intentions of letting off the gas pedal. 😁  You've been doing amazing work!

2 minutes ago, Tetricide said:

I joined around the same time you did and it's definitely been one heck of a journey. I also have no intentions of letting off the gas pedal. 😁  You've been doing amazing work!

Thank you! You've been doing amazing yourself. Keep it up!