Axle Gunner Bio

Steve

@Steve Could we also get this posted with just the text for word count requirement checking please? We can't verify the word counts for images.

Posting it as a spoiler in your original post, or in the thread is fine. Thank you!

Axle Gunner

Biography

Axle started out like any other young boy from Greenland. Learned to skate before he stopped shitting himself. Raised by an “angry at the world” father that couldn't keep his dick in his pants. Axle's mom had enough of him in short order and kicked his ass out and got a divorce. It was the right call and it actually worked out better as his mother found a new love with the local high school hockey coach. A much better role model than his biological father had ever been. To be honest, I don't remember much about my real father other than I will always remember his yelling. On to better things. My new step father, Dick, was a very good teacher. He was a down to earth kind of guy that had a soft heart and a hard love approach that was not to be taken lightly. He started taking me to the rink where his high school team practiced and had me fetch all the pucks and equipment left laying around after the team was done. Dick was amazed at how a six year best people could skate so well. He started working with me after practice. Up to this point, Axle had never held a hockey stick or even tried to play the game. Well good old Dick turned that around and I was skating with a stick and he would do some basic drills, very basic stuff to learn. After a few years of growth, Axle found himself skating with his current high school team. Yes, he was still too young and much smaller than the other players, but I think that really helped him develop some confidence in his ability to play the game. There are always those players on just about any team that are naturally good, and some that are just there because they were expected to play hockey even though they would rather play a video game. Axle could skate circles around the lazy ones and was learning from the gifted players. Funny how certain traits can be learned at an early age. Such as hard work for the most part pays off. Dedication to just about anything helps in development. All this foundational learning would pay off in due time. Axle played in his first league of players his own age and it wasn't even close to the skill level of players he had with the high school team. Needless to say, Axle made a name for himself at a very young age. A handful of years pass and on to high school.

It was strange to not have your step father as the coach at the school anymore. He moved onto the local college where he coached a very talented team. Something he always wanted to do so you can't blame him even though Axle was a bit disappointed. The new coach was a young man, and new to the town. He had some pee wee coaching experience but that was about it. He had everyone doing stuff we were well past. Axle made it through high school and did very well for himself. He learned a few life lessons that will later shape his life in positive way. Work hard and when you think you are as good as you can get, work even harder. That included all his classes at school. Axle was not going to go through school and not learn what he had to learn to succeed in life. As fate would have it, he received a scholarship to the college Dick was the coach at. Things are starting to look up at this point. After suffering under the guidance of an inferior coach, Axle was happy to be under the scrutiny of his step dad. It didn't take long before Dick had him headed back in the right direction. This time, Axle was no small kid but he was a heavy, tall and strong player. He fit in with the college player like pees and carrots. Axle had one of the best times of his young life when he went to play Dick and the college team. It sounds like all Axle did was school and play hockey, when actually he had been laying out a career that he thought would be something of value and the ability to help others. Yes, Axle wanted to be a doctor. While playing hockey was the best thing he had going for him, and he was rated as a top player no matter where he went, doing it full time had never crossed his mind. Time passes.

The next stage in Axle's life would be one that would set him into the world of professional sports, or pursue a career as a doctor. He had a talk with Dick about his studies and thoughts about what he wanted to become as an adult. Dick was very supportive of what he had heard from Axle and left the decision to him. Either way, Dick and his mom had his back. Then, out of the blue, a stranger calls.

Some unnamed General Manager from some league called the Victory Hockey League showed up at Axle's door and changed Axle's life forever. The offer was clear. The risks were there but the upside was very good. Yes, hockey won the war between the careers, for now. Axle made it clear that he would continue to pursue his ambition to be a doctor, but would play on a minor club for a season to see how things worked and if he would like it. Contract signed, Axle was off to the VHL.

word count:943

Edited by Steve

28 minutes ago, Spartan said:

@Steve Could we also get this posted with just the text for word count requirement checking please? We can't verify the word counts for images.

Posting it as a spoiler in your original post, or in the thread is fine. Thank you!

Should be able to see it now