If I was commissioner for a day

leafsman

I am not that active in the forum's and barely in my locker room so hard for me to be commissioner for a day. With that said I have some ideas if what I would like to see in the VHL. It's probably wrong but here's what I think. It's probably controversial as it would affect jobs.

The first change I would make is to have the VHLE affiliated with the VHL. I was going to say the VHLM be affiliated with the VHL until I thought more about it and that wouldn't work for some players. My player isn't a max earner but with welfare, press conference and trivia he will reach VHLM TPE cap. I have had a bunch of players as this is number 4 so I'm not sure if that changes things at all. The main reason I would like to see the affiliation is that once you reach the VHL I haven't paid attention to the minor leagues unless I am playing in them. Again I'm not sure if most players have the same thinking but this is my commissioner for a day and it's how I feel. The reason is simple, it works is give a reason that care about the VHLE. There are some players who will only play there for one season and as a result you may not build up a loyalty to that franchise. My last player was the first thing go through the VHLE and despite winning the cup with Vasteras I don't really feel any loyalty to the team. Once I hit the VHL I didn't look at the VHLE at all. I think I would have more of an interest in it as I could follow my future teammates and see how they fared in their minor league career. It would also be easier for VHL players to keep track of how their prospects are doing and bring excitement for future reinforcements. The downside to this would be how it affects the current VHLE GMs. Under my idea, they would basically become coaches in the VHLE and they could be considered VHL assistant GMs. I don't know for sure but I think when Kyle Dubas was an assistant GM for the Leafs he was also the GM of the Marlies. This VHLE assistant GM wouldn't be responsible for the roster but would act as the coach by setting lineups and strategy for the team. They could also help assist the VHL GM in any tasks that the boss deems.

My next suggestion would be to make salaries in the VHL actually mean something. I am on my fourth player now and i have always signed for the league minimum as there really isn't a good reason to ask for more money. I don't really have any ideas on how to make the salary matter. I played in the baseball affiliated league to the VHL for a bit and they made salary matter a bit more as you used it to boost training. I don't know if that would work here but I think something should change to make salaries matter more.

I don't know if anyone will agree with this suggestions but it needed to be said to hit theme week. I haven't done a theme week in awhile as it haven't really been interested in the topics so had no idea what to write. This one I enjoyed as it was easier to think of what to write as I hate writing.

Review: to be honest, all your ideas aren't that bad, and it is really good to have an idea on what to change from a veteran like you, as you had 4 players.

If I were you, I would talk about, maybe on some discord server as maybe some other member can find interesting your idea.

In the end this work gets a solid 8 out of a 10, keep it up with the god work and with the good ideas.