VHLM - A.Crosby's first assists, wins and team win for Miami

hockeyis66

It has been a whirlwind first dozen games in the VHLM career for Alexandre Crosby after he signed with the Miami Marauders.  Not only has Crosby chipped in with goals and assists, the Marauders have started winning and are gaining ground on the teams ahead of them in the standings for the 4th and final playoff spot.

Game 174 – Miami at Ottawa

In Crosby’s first game, he played over 20 minutes and after a scoreless first period, Ottawa took a 1-0 lead, but just less than a minute later, Crosby would get the secondary assist on a goal by Jahey for his first professional point in the VHLM.  After Ottawa would score the next 2 goals, Miami would go on the power play and Crosby would once again get the secondary assist for his first multi-point game.  However, that would be the last goal of the game as the Marauders would lose 3-2.

“It took me a couple of shifts to get use to the speed and skill level of the players at this level, but once I got my feet set, I was able to start to see the game and anticipate better.  I was happy to assist on both of our goals, but would have rather taken home the win as a team.”

Game 179 – Miami at Mississauga

After Mississauga took a 3-0 lead, the Marauders went on the power play about halfway through the second period and Crosby fed a pass back to Destroyer at the point who fired a slap shot and got Miami on the board.  The Hounds would take a 4-1 lead on another goal, but just over 4 minutes into the third period, Crosby would get the first goal of his career on a pass from Jahey.  The Marauders would cut the lead to 4-3 before the Hounds would get a late goal to win 5 to 3.

How incredible is Sidney Crosby's 2013 season? It's in Mario, Gretzky  territory

“I was a little more aggressive in this game after looking at the tape from the Ottawa game and the coaches wanted me to take more chances on the net.  Once I saw that pass coming from Jahey, my instincts took over and I just fired a one timer and beat the goalie over the blocker in the top corner.  I was glad to get the goal early on in my career and once again we lost, but I feel a win is coming soon.”

Game 190 – Ottawa at Miami

After losing another game to Mississauga, Miami hosted Ottawa in search of their first win with Crosby in the lineup.  The Marauders would jump out to a 2-0 lead in the first 10 minutes of the game with Crosby getting the secondary assist on the second goal.  The Marauders would get an early power play goal in the second period with Crosby getting the primary assist, but Ottawa would come back with 3 unanswered goals in the period to tie the game at 3-3.  However, with 4 minutes left in the game, Crosby got a shot on goal that was stopped but Oinas put in the rebound to give the Marauders a 4-3 win their first with Crosby on board.

image.jpeg.a572a0e006ab3c91fd65cc6b97a09ce8.jpeg

“As good as it was to have 3 assists in the game, I am most proud of the team not giving up when the game was tied and battle for a win.  We can only go up from here and start to catch the teams in front of us now that we have a solid group of players in place.”