The Scotty (P) Leandro weekly update, random thoughts:

ScottyP

The Scotty (P) Leandro weekly update, random thoughts: 

Ok, here we are, almost 3/4 through season 89. Here’s a few things I’ve learned this season, along with some random thoughts…that will include the famous Rip Wheeler shout outs and of course some shit talking to two of the VHLs most hated (by me) players. 

First let’s take a look at Ol’ Rip Wheeler. I gotta be honest, the learning curve up here in the show was A LOT steeper than I thought it would be. I felt like I was a weekly contributor last season in the “E” and I hoped this season would be similar. Well, I was wrong. Lol…As I say often about Rip, he’s a big locker room and “glue” type guy. He brings all the intangibles, you know, the ones that don’t show up on the stat sheet, ever. Through 58 games, Rip has lit the lamp twice, and has three helpers. Rip has been on his best behavior, with only 56 PIMs in 58 games. And 103 hits is below standard, but I’d attribute that to Rip trying to stay out of the box and help out the club in any way he can. 

Ok moving on…it’s time for some shout outs! 

First off Landon Wolanin has been lighting up the lamp a lot this year! Top 5 in the league in goals, he’s been a huge reason that the Wranglers are primed for a playoff run. 

Second, Leandrooooo!! Leandro Goncalves has a machine gun like shot and he’s been letting it rip this season. With 536 shots in 58 games and he’s number one in the league by a huge margin! Safe to say, when the puck is on his stick the opposing tendys better have their heads up! 

Last, but certainly not least…the legend and future Hall of Famer himself Daniel Janser! “DJ” is having yet another stellar season in his farewell tour. He’s number 7 in the league in points with 77 in 58 games. He’s a dangerous player and threat to score anytime he crosses the the red line! For the last 5 seasons Janser has been near the top of the league leaders in points and is a huge reason Calgary has been successful as a franchise. Also, a solid two way player with a great career plus / minus and even some shot block stats thrown in! A two time winner of the Brett Slobodzian Trophy, the Kevin Brooks Trophy and the Mike Szatkowski Trophy! Also, he’s won the Scott Boulet Trophy and the Scotty Campbell Trophy respectively. He was also a huge part of the Wranglers Victory cup and Continental Cup victories! He’s a stud, and his presence on and off the ice will be missed in Calgary next season for sure! 

It’s crazy, that as a lowly rookie…a young buck, just scraping by to sniff a point and not hurt the team…that Rip Wheeler has gotten the opportunity to play with those guys, and the rest of the Calgary boys! Such an honor. Cheers to a great career DJ!!! 

Alright, now to the shit talking portion of the program…these two mopes, Brian Payne and “little” Jakey Thunder. Both are obviously in the twilight of their careers and just holding on to past memories and accolades. I mean 71 points in 58 games? C’mon Thunder! That’s barely a point per game! And your plus minus is all the way down to plus 15, a huge drop off from last years plus 25. And don’t even get me started on the drop off in hits! I get it though…especially when you’re playing the Wranglers, you’re just avoiding a trip to the train station! But you look silly tip toeing around like a ballerina!  

And Paaaayyyne, you’re up next baud. Hits way down, PIMs way down…when you look at yourself in the mirror, do you even recognize the player that i used to look up to? Such a shell of what the “Payne Train” used to be…it’s actually sad…I’m not even mad bro…I’m just disappointed. And the only reason your plus / minus is up is because you switched squads and the Vancouver boys are carrying you like a backpack son! 

Oh and I almost forgot, both of you Jamokes aren’t even league leaders in assists! Top 5? Whatever…like Rickey Bobby said…”you’re either first, or you’re last!”….so we’re basically tied statistically…740 words boys…step your game up!! 

On behalf of Rip Wheeler and Scotty Leandro, I’m out! ✌️✌️

Edited by ScottyP

Jimmy, you finally dropped your nuts!  Keep it up.  That’s some good writing right there, see how easy it is.  Although I think your daughter wrote this one too because when I read your reports, there were a lot of spelling errors.  Come on son, keep it up.  And how come you didnt comment on Payne spending his time at Curves and drinking white claws?  Good thing you have Landon, Janser, and Goncalves on your team.  Did Leandro tell you he used to play for the Tips?

Atta boy ScottyP.   It only took 3 season for you to finally understand how to be better.  Well when I say better I mean at earning TPE, not better at hockey. Your play reminds me of an aging blind donkey who despite playing on a line with two of the very best in the league you can’t seem to wiggle out a secondary assist.  

I remember your debut article that said you were going to be the next Eric Lindros.  Which is kinda accurate if you count his current stats in the Ontario beer leagues that he watches from the stands.  

have fun in Vegas this weekend and don’t get thrown in jail 

28 minutes ago, Thunder said:

Jimmy, you finally dropped your nuts!  Keep it up.  That’s some good writing right there, see how easy it is.  Although I think your daughter wrote this one too because when I read your reports, there were a lot of spelling errors.  Come on son, keep it up.  And how come you didnt comment on Payne spending his time at Curves and drinking white claws?  Good thing you have Landon, Janser, and Goncalves on your team.  Did Leandro tell you he used to play for the Tips?

He did!? That’s sweet! Payne will be getting some more “love” next week…don’t worry Shark! Haha 

19 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

Atta boy ScottyP.   It only took 3 season for you to finally understand how to be better.  Well when I say better I mean at earning TPE, not better at hockey. Your play reminds me of an aging blind donkey who despite playing on a line with two of the very best in the league you can’t seem to wiggle out a secondary assist.  

I remember your debut article that said you were going to be the next Eric Lindros.  Which is kinda accurate if you count his current stats in the Ontario beer leagues that he watches from the stands.  

have fun in Vegas this weekend and don’t get thrown in jail 

Rips game this season is like Eric Lindros after he got dummied by Scott stevens! Lol

And NOT getting locked up in Vegas is ALWAYS the goal son! Wish me luck!  

21 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

Rips game this season is like Eric Lindros after he got dummied by Scott steven

Funny that you say the name Scott Stevens if you look at my profile pic.......  fate

16 minutes ago, Scurvy said:

Funny that you say the name Scott Stevens if you look at my profile pic.......  fate

Let's be honest here, Cap'n Crunch was the OG 'Payne Train'. Dude literally destroyed players' carreers in a (then) legal way... Lindros and Karyia are the ones which spontaneously come to my mind.

Edited by Daniel Janser