VHLM - A. Crosby excited for Miami's turnaround

hockeyis66

“I like the way we have been playing recently and played Philadelphia tough in most of the games we played against them.  Our goaltending has been spectacular as of late and the main reason why we are winning games and in the hunt for not only the 4th spot in our conference but also sniffing around 3rd as well too.  We just have to keep plugging away each shift and take it one shift at a time and go out on the ice and out work the other team and beat them to the puck and win those loose puck battles to take the pressure off of our defense.  Getting more offensive zone time is key to keeping our shot total down.”

“While my goal total has gone up and am happy with that, I still need to do a better job in the defensive end to help our goalies out.  We seem to be clicking very well on the power play and cashing in on a lot of chances and I have been seeing some penalty killing time too.  Defense, skating and puck control will probably be my focus for the rest of the season to help round out my game.  Offensively, I am finding open looks at the net and taking my shots and if its not there, trying to find open space to get my teammates the puck.”