Tord Yvels journey to Istanbul.

Trazan

Hello Geneva(!?)

renegades.thumb.png.8092a75d7a3ccd16d9b2743b14d1b991.png

It was almost time to go, I went up from my bed and checked the passport and tickets one more time like it suddenly wouldn’t be there in the suitcase. Passport,Check. Ticket, Check.

I should arrive in Geneva in time to explore the town and facilities  a bit before training camp starts. I don’t want to come in on the last day and feel like a lost little puppy. 

I kept thinking about Geneva and what it would be like. That night I slept like a baby.

And in the morning I got the call that turned it upside down, I had gotten traded.

I didn’t know what to think. Istanbul? That’s in turkey right? Oh, Sweden and Turkey don't have the best of relations right now.

Will I be welcomed by the fans or do they see my nationality and boo me right off the bat?

I got nervous right away. 

IstanbulLogo.png.1ea38c97682099da4c79fff4135aa0c8.png

A conversation with the GM of the Red Wolves put some of my worries to rest and they had already bought me a ticket and planned to set me up in an apartment near the arena.

Talking to Masu Chan( @Masu Chan) i felt that they really had a good plan for me and was going to take care of me the person and not just the hockey player.

The frown turned upside down so to say, I began feeling excited again. Istanbul… yeah i think I can make it my home.

The season went better than I could ever dream of.

Red Wolves stood at the top of the VHLE with 9 points down to 2nd place. More than a point per game for me and even led some of the individual categories for stretches of the season. I can only say that this was a huge success.

Many thanks goes to the people of this fine organization who put me in a place where I was able to succeed, Both on the ice and off the ice. For most of the season I've been on a first pairing with monster D-man Ben Laas. It goes without saying that he did contribute to our teams and my personal success in so many ways that I can't even count them. 

Anyways, here we are.

Favorites going into the playoffs.

A position I'm not used to and don’t particularly like. I’ve always been an underdog and I like to hit from below.

But it’s a new experience and I will take on the challenge the only way I know how to: with a smile on my face.

Not to sound too sure of myself or my team(After all I am Swedish and the Jantelag is strong in this one) I expect us to take home the cup.

Anything below finals must be seen as a huge failure on our part.

With this powerhouse of a  team Masu Chan has assembled, anyone who faces us can’t go into the series feeling good about their chances. 

For myself,  I must be at least a point per game player for us to succeed, Although offense isn’t my primary skill set, that is the bottomline of what I expect of myself.

And more important and something that I didn't really show in the regular season is my physical game and defensive pedigree.

When the games get faster,heavier and tighter in the playoffs, hitting and blocking shots becomes so much more important.

We got Bihler behind us and he is an amazing goalie with a brilliant career ahead of him but we can’t have him saving our asses game after game.

To summarize: I need to up my defensive game while keeping up my offense.

I think we will make it and i can’t see anyone else lifting the cup than us.

We’re just that good.

In the future I don't know what will happen.

I’m drafted by the Americans in the VHL and I haven’t yet talked to their GM about next season.

let’s just say I wouldn’t be sad about another year in the Red wolves jersey and I,My agent and the two teams will make a decision after the season

For now I just want to focus on the playoffs.

Thank all of you for making this one of the greatest season of my career

(i was trying out AI to generate a logo for VHLE but i couldn't quite get it right so its thrown in here as a bonus)

.image.jpeg.2838ad4af17e2fdd8ba04f99228bf4cf.jpeg

~720 words

14 minutes ago, Trazan said:

Thank all of you for making this one of the greatest season of my career

Thank you for all your effort in helping us win the King's Cup! It was probably the best season of my GM career and I'm happy you were a part of it :D Let's go get another trophy!