Weekly thoughts with The Scotty P. aka Rip Wheeler. 

ScottyP

Weekly thoughts with The Scotty P. aka Rip Wheeler: 

All right this week, we are Liiiivvveeee! 

Welcome back, it’s the old Rip Wheeler aka Scotty P aka Scotty Leandro weekly round up. This week it'll be a mix of a shout out to my favorite player in the VHL, and of course some shit talking to the two most hated mopes to currently lace ‘em up in the Show. 

All right let’s jump right in…first off let's start with Brian Payne aka “The Lame Train”. 

We’re gonna focus on one game in particular over the last week…”The Lame Train” had one hit one yes, you read that right…one measly hit in game 575. This was a matchup with Lame’s Vancouver Wolves and the mighty Legion of Toronto. And there’s no other way to tell it boys, Toronto took them to the woodshed with a 5-3  absolute beating. And a sweep of all three stars of the night to top it off!

And let’s break it down a bit, you’ve got Mr. Lame/Payne. He says that he's the “pain train”but he's bringing ONE HIT to the table in almost 30 minutes played! One hit doesn’t  sound like a lot of “pain” on that train. It sounds like the “Lame Train” didn’t make it out of the station. Clearly Toronto had free rein to dance all over the ice without consequence. Budddyy, you’ve got one job B-Payne, and you get a big “F” from Scotty P. for your week of work son! 

Next we've got “little” Jakey Thunder playing almost 30 minutes a game with only two assists? We ain’t talking about practice, practice? No this was VHL game 573 against the Seattle Bears (who’ve been en fuego lately!) Now I know that’s more assists than Rip Wheeler has all season, but I digress. Back to the “little” guy…what really stood out to me one shot on goal. “Come on man!” You’re supposed to be the best defenseman in the league and you're getting one shot? One shot, literally…one. We’re talking about one shot on goal,  it's just not good enough Jakey! You let your team down, you let the fans down and you let me down! I’m not mad buddy, I’m just disappointed. And that kind of lackluster performance leads to a final score of 6-2, yet another shellacking of one of the two most hated….and you know what? You love to see it! 

Ok, moving on to some positivity! It’s time for THE shout out of the day and this one goes to you guessed it, the real “pain train”, Mr. Rip Wheeler! Yes, it finally happened (well it's happened a few times this season but not for a while), hell froze over boys, two guns Wheeler actually scored a goal! You read it right, Wheeler and “goal” in the same sentence! 

And thanks to Leandro G. and Philly Strasmore for the crisp apples on the play. Those guys are studs with 47 and 53 assists respectively this season (at that time). 

It happened in VHL regular season game number 504 against Riga. It was a hard fought 4-3 win for the Wranglers! And your boy Rip played 26 minutes which I appreciate and he appreciates (shout out to the best GM in the VHL, Ricer!). Now I know Rip only had one hit, but I talked to him and he was really focused on the offensive side of things that game. And unlike the “Lame Train” and “little Jakey”, when the chips were down, when the boys needed him….Rip came through with a huge G-Dubya for the club! It may have only been for one moment in time, but in that moment Rip was to clutch goals as Fireball is to post game cellys in the room….and buddy, the Fireball whiskey was flowing after game number 504, I can guarantee that! There’s nothing in the VHL like the Wranglers locker room after a big win, the Fireball, the Johnny Cash, it’s electric! Sometimes Rip feels like a make-a-wish kid who’s just thrilled to be in the room! We’ve got so many stud players and legends that make up this seasons club, it’s inspiring and Rip is living the dream! 

700 words. “Let’s riiiiide”