Claimed:Samuelsson Post Trade Interview [Final: 6/6]

R1c3Muncher

Earlier this week, rising VHLM star Borje Samuelsson was traded from the struggling Moscow Red Wolves to a powerhouse Saskatoon Wild squad. Today, SportsToday's Mike Beaudry caught up with the young man to discuss the trade, his season, and more.

Henrik+Samuelsson+2012+NHL+Entry+Draft+P

Trade Details

To Saskatoon

D - Borje Samuelsson (48 GP 15 G 62 A 77 P -3 114 PIM 199 H 129 SB)

To Moscow

D - Light Bokan (47 GP 4 G 40 A 44 P +47 42 PIM 89 H 45 SB)

S42 Wild 3rd Round Pick

MB: Hi, Borje. How are you doing today?

BS: I'm doing well, thanks for having me.

MB: What was your reaction upon hearing the trade?

BS: Well, I knew I was being traded...so it wasn't a shock whatsoever. The shock was reading my messages and seeing that my GM, at the time, and the GM of the Wild asking me about the possibility of a trade. The Red Wolves weren't very competitive this season, and I had a good chance at going for a Cup run. I jumped on the opportunity right away.

MB: You mentioned that the Red Wolves were struggling. Did you enjoy your time there?

BS: You know, I have to say I did. The managers were very approachable and easy to get along with. The players were nice as well, and I was able to play in every situation. I was eating a lot of minutes and I was succeeding. I think the management team in Moscow are responsible for my success.

MB: Now that you've been traded, you don't hold a leadership role. How do you feel about that?

BS: I actually didn't think about that, until a couple hours after the trade was completed. When I was named captain in Moscow, I was really ecstatic. I loved the opportunity. I really hope that, looking back, the managers don't regret their decision to name me the captain for S40. Even though I'm not a leader on the Wild, I hope to be an integral part of the team.

MB: Your time in Moscow has gotten you some attention. Tell us, how does it feel to be so highly thought of?

BS: Yeah, right before the season I was ranked seventh of all the rookies in the VHLM. Now, I believe I'm ranked fifth. So, I've moved up a bit. I was also named the second best defenceman in the VHLM in the 53rd edition of On The Rise. These accolades are all very validating and motivate me to be better. I'd hate to be known as a bust. I'm hoping a long playoff run here will bring me more attention so that I can be a high pick in this upcoming draft.

MB: How do you like the atmosphere on your new team?

BS: I really like it. I know Nik Kurri and Jakub Rhinehart, so that really helps with adjusting.

MB: We'll e sure to keep an eye on you in the upcoming games. Good luck with your career.

BS: Thank you.

Content: 3/3 Pretty good read here. Love the interviews when you do them :) Let's just hope you enjoy the playoffs while you are in them.

Grammar: 2/2 One small thing

Appearance: 1/1

FINAL: 6/6

MB: We'll e sure to keep - MB: We'll be sure to keep

• 2 weeks later...