Active Member Reward

Steve

I have an idea. It most certainly won't be a popular one, but I think it's a fair suggestion. Since the league has rewarded members that have qualifying players to claim 5 tpe welfare, 1 shy of actually working an hour on a graphic or whatever your task of choice is, I feel the ones that have qualifying players should be given the option to claim 7 tpe for doing a task. I think this promotes the premise of being an active player can also be rewarded and dull the sting a bit for the slap in the face of those that do earn each week. I'm not saying anything about raising the max to earn, just a reward for having several players over 1000 tpe or whatever the qualifiers are. That would show that the league appreciates the active members as much as the ones that log in once a week. Raising welfare does not promote a healthy growth. I understand that there are some who actually need to use this option but not everyone should use it as a path forward. With the amount of players on welfare I am amazed that the league went down this path and not the other way around. Promoting earning has been the bedrock of the league when I first joined over 4 years ago. That has been replaced with a league full of players that stay in the M too long and even the E has players that have multi season careers. It doesn't matter what the reason is for using the welfare system. It has it's purpose and is a good thing if you are in a pinch and can't pump out a task. Encouraging it to be used as a main source of income just breeds a different group of players. Players that most likely will not have a career in the VHL. So, this is a real head scratcher for me. So, my idea is simple, offer the bonus in a productive way that promotes earning the way the league was a few years ago. It made for active locker rooms in the M. I was amazed while in Philly that the amount of players never said a word. I looked at the roster and they were there for many seasons. So why chat in the locker room if you are just active once a week to push a couple of buttons and get a bonus for doing so. I will continue to max earn but the thought of having 1 less review to do each week would feel good. In the spirit of retention of active players, I feel this would be a step forward.

word count: 448