S90 Domination

AJW

S90 could be crazy.

With all the talk of this huge draft class, I started thinking more about the current state of the VHL and what S90 might look like. Yeah these prospects are cool but they won't be in our league right away. The past two draft classes have also been solid too, and I felt the gap of talent in our league has widen. After doing 10 seconds of research I found that only 22 players in the VHL currently have over 1000 TPA to their build. Am I crazy to think that number is low? It makes sense to me with the wave of new players we are receiving as well as recent drafts. Here are three players who I think should dominate S90:

Jesse Teno should win every award with the word "goalie" in it. It doesn't make sense how the 1200 TPA goalie shouldn't! With one cup already to their name, Teno will be relied on heavily with the current United roster. London does have some good depth of skaters but they just don't stand out to me. On a team that didn't make the playoffs in S89, Teno still managed to place top 5 in SV%, GAA, Shutouts and even 7th in wins. Teno could easily be relied on heavily again in S90 and they're more than ready for it. I think Teno will be a problem for every opponent this season and most likely be the reason London makes playoffs.

John Jameson has the highest TPA build in the league currently by 50... Standing alone in the 1300's at 1343 TPA, Jameson looks to be head hunting for veteran Ronan Lavelle's spot of current best forward in the league. Jameson finished S89 second in points and had 50 goals as well. Jameson is in primetime right now and while leading everyone in the TPA race there is no doubt in my mind that John Jameson won't absolutely destroy the league in the forward department. While with a lack of some development currently in Prague, Jameson still has Perry Laperriere and Nikolas Kauppi to work with up front. Pairing Jameson with either of the two will result in my point being proven guaranteed. It's no debate to me unless Lavelle pulls one more out of the belt in their final season on an old Moscow Menace roster. Jameson could break 130 points I'll say it right here right now.

Hammar Voss will be the best offensive defenseman in the VHL. Ignoring the fact of Voss' 1241 TPA build, highest amongst all current defensemen, and the 91 assists to lead all players in S89, Voss has the best offensive defenseman build hands down. Voss cracked 100 points in S89 falling 2 shy of league leader Brian Kowalski who had one of the biggest break out seasons for a defenseman I have seen in my time here. Voss enters S90 with 6 seasons of experience, to a team full of veterans in Moscow hungry for their shot. Also still handling the role of number 1 dman in Moscow, Voss should get all the playing time they need to continue this progressive slope of great seasons they are experiencing. Unless Kowalski wasn't a one hit wonder I think Hammar Voss should steal the show of all offensive defensemen and have Simon sending gifts of assists their way. 

It's cool to think this season could go wild with only a couple superstars in the running. I'm excited to see what happens and if I'm crazy or not!

Spoiler

Players Mentioned: @aimkin @Frank @BOOM

Edited by AJW

Article review:  Any article that starts by praising Jesse Teno is an article that I am going to give a great review to.  10/10 lets just put it out there.  Having been a teammate of Teno for multiple seasons it is quite obvious that they are a top tier talent.  What is more impressive is their dedication to the locker room and their teammates.  Aimkin/Teno is a plus for this league no matter where they are playing.  For those of you who will be doing your prediction choices soon, learn to write this name as they are going to be in strong contention for every goalie award there is.