Claimed:Bern Royals Are Dealing [Final: 6/6]

Kingma

nhl-trade-centre.jpg

BERN, SWITZERLAND

Less than 24 hours from the Season 40 trade deadline, the Bern Royals have made two high profile trades resulting in two teams becoming stronger championship contenders, and one finding itself in a position to draft some solid prospects.

Trade #1:

To   :ber: 
S41 BRT 1st

To   :brt: 
Jody 3 Moons

Yes you read that right! The Bratislava Watchmen solidified their intent to go all the way this year by landing superstar New York Americans prospect Jody 3 Moons. 3 Moons (69-67-136) joins an already talented Watchmen squad and will play alongside Sachimo Zoidberg and Oskars Harumpf who to date have combined for 266 points in 55 games. 3 Moons is expected to graduate to the VHL next season, but the chance to win a Cup before he does so was at the heart of the trade this afternoon.

Watchmen GM KitRas provided a comment on the trade. 

"The trade really strengthened our roster, 3 moons has been one of the top scorers this year and is a great addition. He will start on the 2nd line to hopefully bring some secondary scoring to our team. The first was a big price to pay, but its worth it for a better shot at the championship. I think we have a real shot now, we may still have some holes in our roster that we are looking to fill but I wont comment on that right now."  

When asked if he could now guarantee a championship, KitRas had this to say:

"I can't guarantee a championship, Oslo just got a whole lot better in receiving Jamie Hill, but I think if we meet up with them in the playoffs we have a legitimate shot at beating them, and then its on to the finals. I cant guarantee a championship, but I can say our chances just got a whole lot better."

Bern received a Season 41 VHLM Dispersal 1st round draft pick in the exchange and is expected to lock up some young talent for next season. Royals GM jaladolar did not say who they were looking at at this time, but has said in closed circles that the Royals are looking for their next "King".

Trade #2:

To Bern  :ber:

S41 Oslo 3rd

S42 Oslo 3rd

S42 Oslo 2nd

To Oslo  :osl:

D - Jaime Hill

Bratislava's European Conference foe Oslo Storm also made some moves to land top talent prior to the deadline. The Storm landed one of the league's top defensemen in Jaime Hill (22-62-84). Hill will likely pair up with Vladimir Kamarov and will add to an already stingy defensive core. The Storm currently lead the league in fewest goals against with 111. By adding Hill, Oslo appears to have an answer to Bratislava's offensive weapons.

Jaime Hill provided a statement on today's trade:

"I'm looking forward to bringing my defensive skills to Oslo as we'll need them to hold off the possibility of a 3 Moons/Harumpf/Zoidberg line! While I had a great time on Bern, I understand jaladolar's desire and need as GM to do what's best for his team."

Bern's GM jaladolar had this to say about today's trades:

"It was a hard decision to move two of our elite players to other teams, but in hockey you have to make some hard choices, especially as management. This isn't a reflection on their time as players or members of the Bern organization, but more that I took a hard look and knew our chances of winning the Cup this season weren't as good as Oslo or Bratislava. Hill and 3 Moons will both be moving up to the VHL after this season and I wanted to give them the chance to win a Cup before they got there.

They were great leaders on the team on the ice and in the locker room and I'd like to thank them for all their hard work and dedication to this team. 

As for the return, like I said they'll be moving up so they're just rentals to stronger Cup contenders and I'm pleased with the picks we got back. All in all I think the trades are beneficial to all sides and I look forward to getting to play with 3 Moons out on the ice."

Bern landed two Season 41 picks and two Season 42 picks and are hopeful in drafting top talent in the seasons to come. The Royals made some wise moves today because while they do have some talent to perhaps be competitive in the first round, they likely did not have enough to get far and these players would likely graduate to the VHL next year. In some ways this is also true for Oslo and Bratislava, and therefore Bern is in a good position with their stable of picks. Expect the Royals to be a strong contender by the end of Season 42. 

801 words.

*drops mic

Edited by Kingma