#BrooklynBloodPop! - SyKo

Spartan

Maybe I'm starting to turn into a boomer, but there's a lot of things I learned when it came to this song. First, it was pretty popular on tiktok a couple years ago, I just never actually correlated it to a real song or looked into it. I'm generally pretty averse to listening to the basic "tiktok dance songs" but after using the app for a few years, I find myself stumbling upon the actual songs here and there and am starting to enjoy some of them. In addition, I somehow had no clue who Emma Langevin was. She's on the cover art of this song, and of a song by CORPSE who I'd just listened to a little bit before his collab with BMTH. But yeah, I learned that she's the e-girl personification on tiktok I suppose. 

Anyways on to VHL things, it's been weird looking at the player manage page (to get to the updates queue) and just seeing emptiness there. It bugs me a little bit but I don't know if it's enough to make me create again. Fortunately I think Josh is working on some portal update that'll just let you bypass that screen entirely and get straight into the update queue, reducing some button clicks. It was either that or just bookmarking the update queue and blocking the player manage tab, save the player store I guess. 

I was going to move on to talking about the draft but realized I basically just blew up Moscow overnight this week and should probably talk about it a little bit. We were at a bit of a crossroads where we had a lot of older players (S84-S82) and had a decision to make - we had a few plans, one of which was to keep a couple of our call-ups and essentially run it back with the same core folks. Lavelle, Sogaard, Nesbitt, Voss, Wallob, etc. Would have been able to keep all of them and just switch out some of the 2nd line/pairing folks and go for it one more time before Lavelle and Voss retired, and then presumably the others would end up getting traded unless I decided to go headhunting for players to compete. On the other hand, we were starting to get serious interest from a few teams on various folks and considering how saturated the market was, we were liking the offers in hand. I like the S90 class until around 23-25, and S91 for really just the first round so far. S92 is a bit of a gamble but I think with some new recruitment faces, we'll get some drives going again. Overall though we now have 5 first round picks, soon to be 6 pending another trade and I think we still have more room to increase our capital with the folks still on our roster and the interest we're getting.

Only thing is I don't really know what will happen in net, we're not in position to take Artyomov in this class and outside of him, goalies look pretty uninspiring over the next couple seasons. We'll have to get creative in a solution, but I imagine the most likely route will be that we just end up trading for someone once we're at the cusp of being competitive again.