New BUG in TO

animal74

The goaltending duo in Toronto will look a little different in S90. After being the only netminding partners each other have known in their three VHL seasons together, Joel Castle had to say farewell to friend DJ Fire Dragon @Firekiss as he took his pads to Switzerland and signed with defending Continental Cup champion Davos to backup Lachlan Summers @kirbithan.

Obviously, it’s a great opportunity for him,” said Castle. “Lachlan is a great guy and the team there is coming of a Cup victory so Dragon will get a chance to play with a great team and I wish him well.

Not that the new backup is any slouch. Evan Bihler @Eb14 has patiently been plying his trade in the VHLM and VHLE and will finally get a chance to play in the VHL. He won a Founder’s Cup in S85 with the Philadelphia Reapers and took Istanbul to the Renaissance Cup Final last season in the VHLE.

Castle couldn’t help but show his excitement at playing with his new teammate. “Evan’s a winner. He had a fantastic season in the E last year. He brings an enthusiasm that’s contagious. I like what I see from him so far and can’t wait to work together this year.