Bears back on Track

AJW

After a very underwhelming start to the Seattle Bears' season, doubts quickly rose through media and league content creators on whether Seattle was going to be able to live up to the hype. A busy off-season lead to multiple trades and signings to build the Bears' S90 roster and most people believed for this team to be a cup runner from the start. Then back to back loses on opening night and 3/4 losses to follow the next four games quickly crushed those beliefs. Seattle has since then bounced back and created a small winning streak! Currently four games strong, Seattle is on a good run right now and the team has become more alive.

Game 54: Seattle Bears @ Vancouver Wolves - 3-2 OTW

Game 60: Seattle Bears @ D.C. Dragons - 4-3 OTW

Game 71: Seattle Bears @ Toronto Legion - 3-0 W

Game 78: Vancouver Wolves @ Seattle Bears 3-1 W

All division games, all wins. It's a great feeling to break your own curse of a losing streak. In these four games Seattle was out shot twice, tied once for shots, and just destroyed Toronto in game 71. We aren't killing teams by any means but goaltender Clueless Wallob @DMaximus has stepped up their game immensely for the team. Tied as the highest overall goaltender in the VHL, Wallob put up insane numbers throughout these past four games. 30/32 (0.938), 40/43 (0.930), 24/24 (1.000), 38/39 (0.974). In Seattle we sign players with reason, I know trades have been crazy lately but they all have a purpose. Trading for Wallob this off-season has cancelled out our goaltender issues of the past few seasons. After departures from Ash Sparks and Dusty Wilson, Xavier Booberry was signed for a single season and doubts for future goaltending in Seattle were massive. Wallob has come in and now shown why they are the starting goaltender for the most winningest franchise. Randy Bobandy and the rest of the Bears are thrilled with recent performance from the stud goaltender and know they can put full trust into Wallob.

The skaters on Seattle also stepped up their game, scoring 13 goals in the past four games, compared to the 10 total goals through our first 6 appearances. 6/8 skaters have gotten more points in the last four games than they did in the first 6. It seems like our second line has finally started clicking with the new addition of Dirk Diggler. Having a second winger who isn't a bot has been so huge for us, and you can see the whole team and especially our goaltender has stepped up their play due to this. 

First 6 games

Last 4 games

Leandro Goncalves

1G, 2A, 3P

4G, 1A, 5P

Yaroslav Bogatyrev

4G, 1A, 5P

1G, 3A, 4P

Randy Bobandy

2G, 3A, 5P

3G, 3A, 6P

John Webber Jr

0G, 1A, 1P

1G, 4A, 5P

Logan Foley

1G, 0A, 1P

2G, 3A, 5P

Scoish Velociraptor Malo

1G, 3A, 4P

2G, 4A, 6P

AirRig GoodBrandSun

0G, 1A, 1P

0G, 2A, 2P

Rex Wolfe Gregor

1G, 3A, 4P

0G, 2A, 2P

I never doubt this team ever. We have the most winningest GM of all time who I know is the best trade talker the VHL has, with the most cups to show for his actions.. He always gets shit done and puts Seattle on a winning platter each season. I wouldn't have signed my player to 6 seasons if I didn't have trust in my GM. I'm also thrilled that Boga has stuck along the whole way. Under a point per game so far but our captain is hungry and has been dying for success not only with his own player, but the team in general. I feel this is his season to shine after a solid S89 season, and as games through out the season go on everyone will see the fire in Captain Bog. I'm also very happy Leandro has been able to step up his game with the addition of Diggler. Being a 5 star talent center playing on the second line is never easy, but recent games have shown the power of Goncalves and I hope to see him continue his success too. I also need to shoutout the dinosaur. Scoish Velociraptor Malo has shot like a rocket with 2 goals and 4 assists in the last four showings. Our number 1 defender is seeing a lot of powerplay minutes and also contributing huge for our second line playing even strength minutes. Very excited to watch this season roll out. The Bears are coming and we don't plan on stopping this current success streak.

Edited by AJW