Early season VHFL team check in

KRZY

After the first 12 games of the season I figured I’d do a check in on my VHFL team to see how they are performing so far this season. I’m currently sitting in third place in my group which honestly I’m more then ok with at this point in the season. I usually struggle with VHFL when it comes time to draft my teams as I am not very good at predicting how people will do from season to season . Last season was a success as I cashed in on Wallob, Kowalski, and Lavelle ultimately I think I still finished 2nd or 3rd in my group but I still made 3 absolutely stellar picks that carried my team.This season I’m hoping to have much of the same success when the season ends. Let’s take a quick look at my team.

Round 1 3rd overall John Jameson

With my first pick I took John Jameson who at third was a no brainer . Jameson was lights out last season and finished as a top fantasy player . He puts up points , hits and produces in just about every way you want a player to both for your VHL team and Fantasy team. It’s also a bonus that the guy currently has the highest TPA in the VHL with 1400 at the time of writing this media spot . When the season ends I fully expect Jameson to again finish at the top of the leaderboards in the VHL and VHFL.

Round 2 10th Overall Skor McFluery 

With my second Pick I picked a defenceman I felt was going to pop off this season . Skor was a top defender last season and I feel like he could finish the season as the top defender in the league . He’s the total package currently leading my team in terms of fantasy points production with 53.8. Skor is everything you want in a Defenceman both in the VHL and VHFL . I believe he could finish like I said as the top Defenceman in the VHL and as a top player aswell. Skor was in my opinion a steal at 10th Overall . 

3rd Round 15th Overall Pierre Emile Bouchard

In the 3rd Round I went with the always consistent Bouchard . I was shocked that he hadn’t been picked up yet by this point as we were very close to the halfway point of the draft. Bouchard has been good for me in past seasons and I’m hoping he will yet again pull through this season as well . Playing with Fantasy stud Brian Payne helps his case aswell . So far Bouchard is putting together another very good season in Vancouver which has become the norm for him in his VHL career so far !

4th Round 22nd Overall Clueless Wallob

At this point in time the goalies started going off the board and I went with the best goalie from last season. Wallob got traded in the off season to a very good Seattle time so I figured that was the perfect recipe for another lights out season for him. Although that has not quite been the case so far as the Bears have struggled out of the gate early , I can see Wallob again finishing the year among the top goalies in the VHL. 

5th Round 27th Overall Todd Cooke 

By the time i got to the 5th round I figured id go with my player . I figured if I didn’t get him in this round he’d be gone by the last round in the draft . You really couldn’t go wrong here selecting Cooke in my opinion. 3rd highest TPA in the VHL . Always a productive player and decent in Fantasy , one thing you could argue is he doesn’t quite hit enough to be that valuable in VHFL but hopefully that will turn around this season ! So far so good as Cooke had been having a terrific season in LA let’s hope he keeps it up !

6th Round 34th Overall Randy Bobandy 

In the last round I couldn’t believe when I saw Bobandy still available, Like Wallob Bobandy has kinda struggled a bit outta the gate but I know he can turn it around based on the unreal season he had last year and how consistent Seattle always is . Bobandy I’m expecting big things from you this year don’t let me down !

Overall I’m extremely happy with my team and the players I picked . I believe in my team and the players I got hopefully they pull through for me and I can win my group this season !!