Strasmore a true Tough Guy

Scurvy

For this week’s VHL article I want to throw a “tough guy tribute” out.  Now, I love old school hockey, especially enforcers.  I grew up collected all the tough guy player cards and have every Bob Probert card ever produced.  I know fighting is subject to many opinions today but frankly I don’t care.  So, as I surf the forum for shit to write about I figured I’d honor one such tough guy in the VHL, Phil Strasmore @PhilPhil.  

Strasmore is an imposing dman for Calgary.  At 602 214 he plays well above his weight class and has put up some impressive numbers in the physicality dept.  In 6 seasons he has 1209 hits, 1004 PIMS, and 755 blocked shots.  

More impressively this season he already has a league leading 6 fights. Now playing with a pansy like Rip Wheeler @ScottyP I am sure PS must fight his battles too but that’s another story.  Phil has over 200 PIMS in the last three seasons and he’s on pace to keep that number.  Strasmore could be on pace for a record number of fighting majors this season which is impressive.  Congrats Phil!

Fight Totals so far:

Strasmore 6 (1 win)

Champagne 4 (1 win)

Lamb     3      (1 win)

Maple.  3 

Payne 2 

Jason   2 (1 win)

Abass Jr 2 

Probert 2 (2 wins)