Euron Leonidas reportedly asked to see Jarmo Ruutu's phone to determine what kind of person he is

jRuutu

In recent days a story has been circling around the internet, suggesting that the Moscow GM, Euron Leonidas, wanted to take a look at Jarmo Ruutu's phone to see what he would find in there.

Jarmo Ruutu was drafted 8th overall in the S90 VHL draft by Moscow Menace. It is not 100% clear whether the event took place before or after the draft. It is not unusual for the teams to test the draftees with odd questions and statements to see how the draftees will react, so in that sense asking to see your phone fits right into that category. But then again asking to see the phone after the draft is something that you might expect when deciding whether the player should be given a shot at the training camp or should they be sent straight back to VHLM or to VHLE.

Jarmo Ruutu did not participate in the Moscow VHL training camp after the draft. Ruutu spent the off-season in Vasteras instead. Ruutu himself had this to say:

"If I clearly say don't go looking in there and you go looking in there, is it my fault if you find something that will upset you? That is all I have to say about the matter. GM Leonidas is free to check my phone whenever he wants, but I am not going to stop being an artist."