Yet more Boga contract drama

Bojovnik

Yaroslav Bogatyrev is once again a pending free agent. Some would think that the expiring contract of a player in the top 10 goal scorers and just outside the top 10 point scorers would be drawing more attention, particularly as the trade deadline approaches early next week. However, we’ve been here before with Bogatyrev.

Since finishing his entry level contract, Bogatyrev has only signed one-year extensions with the Seattle Bears, both times around the trade deadline. Despite threatening to go to free agency, Bogatyrev has never done so, preferring to put pen to paper with the Bears. That was when the team was at the top of the table however. Now, the Bears currently sit in fifth decision and the jury is out as to whether the team is a Continental Cup contender.

“I’m not in a position to discuss my future at the present stage. We have too much to work on as a team right now for me to be worrying about my future. My priority is leading this team into the Continental Cup playoffs and ensuring that we are challenging. Without that, I’m nothing. All my focus is on this current season, not the next,” Bogatyrev said at a press conference on Friday.