Bears Dynasty players Shunned from Hall of Fame

Berocka

So I created this mess of the text filter creating the idea for the theme week. So here we will refer to the word as Shunned cause I can write that as much as I want. So what am I going to talk about in the article about being shunned, well my example that I used in the original idea. I will talk about some players who have won 4 cups and haven’t made it to the Hall of Fame.

For a fun bit of VHL trivia there have been two players who have got 5 cups in their players career and 14 players who have won 4 cups in their career. Now of those 14 players there had been no one who shared all 4 cups with another player, except for 5 players who won in seasons, 68 + 69 + 71 & 73. These five players are part of what most people consider the greatest dynasty of all of the VHL.

These players are Scott Greene, Ambrose Stark, Hulk Hogan, Berocka Sundqvist & Rayz Funk. Anyone who knows much about the late 60’s early 70’s will for sure know these names. Especially Rayz Funk and Hulk Hogan who have made it to the Hall of Fame and are well and truly household names. So that leaves the other three players who were part of all 4 cups but get no recognition in the Hall of Fame. So were they shunned or do they not deserve to be in the Hall of Fame.

Before we start with the Shunning we need to look at why Funk and Hogan made it to the Hall of Fame and give us some points of comparison.

Rayz Funk, this one will be hard to compare as you can’t really compare a Goalie with a Skater but honestly Funk was incredible in his career and definitely deserves being in the Hall of Fame. He was an absolute beast in the playoffs and without him I doubt that the other 4 win the 4 cups. Funk won the Kanou with each cup.

Hulk Hogan is one of the players that you either love or you love to hate, Hogan made the Hall of Fame whilst only winning one award and that was the Beketov trophy in S71 (the trophy received for most assists). Whilst he was a consistently good defender for the Bears he didn’t have much individual success.

So now let me move along and have a look at the potential shunn-ees.

Ambrose Stark, this here is Old Banakock’s player and not only was he successful enough to be part of the 4 amazing cups he also took home the Szatkowski Trophy in season 71 (The trophy for most points in the season) but for some reason even though he has won the same amount of silverware as the aforementioned Hulk Hogan Stark is currently not even on the ballot for Hall of Fame.

Who’s Scott Greene I hear you ask well let me tell you a bit about him DoktorFunk’s first player in the league who was also a part of the historic Seattle Bears team. Unfortunately unlike the other players in this list Greene never got any individual awards but he always produced solid numbers and winning four cups surely that is reason enough to get your name on the Hall of Fame ballot at least.

Lastly, we have Berocka Sundqvist who was an average player when first drafted but after making the switch to defense two seasons in to his career was one of the best in the league. Unfortunately he was always living in the Shadow of the greatest defender of his time Condor Adrienne. But in Season 72 which wasn’t even a Bears cup winning season Sundqvist took home the Beketov trophy alongside Lincoln Tate. But due to his slow start he never made it to the ballot for the Hall of Fame.

So, what are your thoughts do all 5 of these tremendous players deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame? Who got the most Shunned by the voting committee let me know what you think.