Boga Ties Career-Best Goals Tally

Bojovnik

On Sunday night in Helsinki, Seattle Bears forwarded Yaroslav Bogatyrev scored twice, including a third-period game winner as his side edged a closely-fought 3-2 victory over the Titans. With this brace, Bogatyrev raised his season tally for goals to 34, tying his career best set last season. There are still 20 games left in the regular season for the Nizhnii Tagil native to stretch this tally.

At the time of writing, only Jason and Vincent Laroche-Gagnier have scored more than Bogatyrev, who has struck a lethal partnership with Seattle’s prime playmaker, Randy Bobandy, and it now looks that in his fifth VHL season that Bogatyrev is becoming a true leader in the league.

“It’s certainly nice to be making a difference, but it would be great if the team was higher up in the table. It’s been a bit of a struggle this season and it’s been difficult for us to find consistency, but I’m happy overall. When you’re playing with guys of the calibre of Randy and Leandro, it becomes a lot easier to score goals. Sometimes it’s the case that I just try and get into good positions and let their passes or shots deflect off me. It’s effective,” Bogatyrev said after the game with the Titans.