MVP race closer then ever

KRZY

As the regular season winds down the MVP race is closer then ever . There are 2 clear cut candidates for the league MVP those players are Todd cooke of the LA Stars and Jason @Jason kranz of the DC Dragons. Other candidates that could garner votes are goaltender Lachlan Summers @kirbithan , Art Vandelay @Gustav  Perennial Candidate and former league MVP Ronan Lavelle @Arce , Defensive standout Ryuji Sakamoto @der meister . Let’s take a look at why each of these players is deserving of taking home the MVP trophy.

Todd Cooke

Cooke has single-handedly willed the LA Stars into the playoff picture , instantly clicking with newcomers Napoleon Dynamite @thadthrasher and Svatopluk Puk @Otaznik . Cooke has lead the league in most statistical categories at one point or another this season . He lead the league in points for a better part of the season recently getting passed in the last sim by Jason. Cooke has absolutely shattered his career highs on his way to an MVP Calibre season cracking  the 100 point mark. Cooke has without a doubt been the Stars MVP all season and in my opinion should be a favourite in the voting

Jason

Coming from the same draft draft class as Cooke and coming over to DC in an off season trade Jason has found instant chemistry with Sakamoto and VLG @vincentlg2007. Jason has been the top goal scorer pretty much all season long and recently over took Cooke in the points lead . Jason is a real threat to Cooke in the MVP race as he is just as deserving of the title . And nobody should be surprised if he won the award. Jason is an impact player and a lethal goal scorer whose importance to his team can’t be overlooked.

Lachlan Summers

Summers has put Davos on his back this season leading the league in Wins , Shutouts , and save % . Summers is also Third in GAA . Summers solid season in net has no doubt been instrumental in Davos looking to repeat as Cup Champs this season . In my open if Jason or Cooke don’t win MVP Summers will.

Art Vandelay 

Vandelay has quietly put together a solid MVP. worthy season as well , while the stars are no longer in first place . I don’t think they would be where they are without Vandelay and his lights out season he’s been having . Definitely a dark horse MVP season if you ask me ! 

Ryuji Sakamoto 

Sakamoto came outta nowhere this season he’s alaways been a solid defenceman but this year he’s really carried the Dragons blue line . Creating a lot of offence from the back end no doubt and instrumental part of team mate Jason’s strong season aswell , Sakamoto has been leading the league in assists for a long time this season and has great defensive numbers aswell . He’s done exactly what the Dragons knew he could for them when he was acquired .

Ronan Lavelle 

The grizzled vet is never far away from league MVP conversations. Playing his final season in Toronto this season he’s been a big part of their turnaround and ascension to the top of the NA conference . Lavelle has been having a farewell season where he once again could find himself winning and MVP trophy when it’s all said and done .

there you have it there’s a few players I feel all have had deserving seasons this year . While like I said I believe it’s a two horse race at the end of the day . Any one of the other players mentioned could take it home and wouldn’t be surprised one bit.

On the heals of this years theme week this article sets up the next potential claim of I was FISTED ANALLY BY A CIRCUS MONKEY.  There is still time left and we have someone predicting the MVP for season 90, maybe they are right, maybe the last seven to eight games will see a dark horse or a clear potential as listed in the article make a Hail Mary attempt and pull of the improbable. Al I can say is someone is going to win the award, and when the vote is done the BOG will believe that person deserved it. Good Luck on the MVP to everyone listed and to any dark horses out there.

I give this article a 9/10, way to set up the next article for the easy TPE.