S90 Best Duo Award

Mysterious_Fish

S90 Unofficial Awards

Best Duo Award

A couple of weeks ago I suggested two awards. The Best Duo and Best Trio awards that would be in all VHL associated leagues. This is the Best Duo Award which is given to the best duo  in the league that helped their team out. This award can be given to any combination of duos like two forwards, two defensemen and so on.

The first league we will be handing this award out to is the best duo in the VHL. Looking through all of the teams and seeing who did well and if they would have ever played with the other player I narrowed it down to three duos: 

Forward Todd Cooke @KRZY and Goaltender Art Vandelay @Gustav of the Los Angeles Stars

Forward Jason @Jason kranz and Forward Vincent Laroche-Gagnier (VLG) @vincentlg2007 of the D.C. Dragons 

Defender Skor McFleury @Alex and Goaltender Lachlan Summers @kirbithan of the HC Davos Dynamo

Each of these candidates have their reasons on why I think they deserve it but only one duo will get the award.

Todd Cooke and Art Vandelay was a candidate because of the incredible offensive output from league leader Todd Cooke who got 41 goals, 77 assists for 118 points in the 72 game regular season and on the other hand Art Vandelay was the second best goalie in the league with a record of 45-16-3 a save percentage of .925 and a GAA of 2.37 also recording five shutouts. Between the offensive output of Todd Cooke and the incredible Goaltending of Art Vandelay that they deserve to be nominated for the Best Duo.

Jason and VLG both had incredible seasons being two of the top four players in points and playing really well with each other. Jason led the league in goals with 55 while also getting 60 assists for 115 points and VLG got exactly 100 points because of 45 goals and 55 assists. This incredible offensive output by these two players helped put the Dragons into the top 3 teams in the VHL.

Probably the most interesting duo here as we have a defender by the name of Skor McFleury and a goaltender by the name of Lachlan Summers. McFleury had a great season offensively and defensively. McFleury posted 25 goals 71 assists for 96 points while having 158 blocked shots and 211 hits. This great offensive defensemen led Davos in points. Summers did great in between the pipes getting a record of 49-12-3 and posting a .938 save percentage and a 2.06 GAA while getting seven shutouts. This great duo helped lead Davos to the Victory Cup.

Well with all of these duos I have to give the VHL’s Best Duo Award to D.C. Dragons forwards Jason @Jason kranz and Vincent Laroche-Gagnier (VLG) @vincentlg2007. What a great season you both had together and can’t wait to see what else happens for the rest of your careers. To the other candidates you also had a great season but were not as good as Jason and VLG.

The VHLE had lost two teams before the start of the S90 season, so that meant that there would be two less chances at some great VHLE duos, this was a bit of a harder one to figure out but in the end I had to remove one of the four possible candidates because they weren't as good as the others. So I shall give Forward Sjin @Sjin and Goaltender Clark @cl4rk an honorable mention.

The candidates for the VHLE Best Duo Award is:

Forward Braeden Panarella @ThatCasual an Goaltender Olivier Gauthier @fonziGG of the Vastras Iron Eagles

Defender Pope Francis @nurx and Goaltender Travis Clark @ClarkClanT of the Rome Gladiators
Forward Otis Boudreaux Jr @Otis Boudreaux Jr and Forward Harry Callahan @dstevensonjr of the Bratislava Watchmen

Vastras being the best team in the VHLE this season put together a great duo and that being Braeden Panarella and the teams goalie Oliver Gauthier. Braeden got the third most points in the low scoring VHLE season with 86 points tied with Sjin. Panarella got 41 goals and 45 assists to get those 86 points in the 72 game season. Gauthier was not the best goalie and is tied for the most amount of wins but still had an impressive season. Gauthier got a record of 39-19-4 and picked up a .924 save percentage and a 2.47 GAA while getting seven shutouts. This duo helped lead the Iron Eagles to the King’s Cup and is looking to continue their success into the postseason to try and win the Renaissance Cup.

Next we have a defender and goalie duo. Pope Francis and Travis Clark both had great seasons which almost got Rome the King’s Cup. Francis is an offensive defensemen who got 18 goals 63 assists for 81 points. As a defensemen we care about the defensive stats which is where he also did great at getting 162 blocked shots and delivering 156 hits. Travis Clark had an incredible season being the best goalie in the VHLE this season getting a record of 39-18-7, while getting a .934 save percentage and a 2.40 GAA while getting eight shutouts. This great duo might never be on the same team again but in the VHL we should look out for these two players.

Now something that we did not expect, the top two players in points on the same team. There is no way I could leave them off of this list. We have Otis Boudreaux Jr and Harry Callahan, two great forwards in the past VHLE season. Otis led the VHLE in points this season with 92 points that consisted of 36 goals and 56 assists in the 72 game season. Otis went off with his teammate Harry Callahan. Callahan was second in league scoring with 90 points only two behind Otis. Callahan’s 90 points consisted of 44 goals and 46 assists. These two players both did insanely well and that is why they hold the top 2 spots in points.

Well no surprise here, the VHLE’s best duo goes to the Bratislava Watchmen’s Otis Boudreaux Jr @Otis Boudreaux Jr and Harry Callahan @dstevensonjr. These two players did great and in my opinion were just slightly better than Pope Francis and Travis Clark.

Last but not least we have the VHLM. The VHLM had so many different players that did well this season and the S91 draft will be very stacked including some players who skipped the VHLM completely. We aren't here to talk about the S91 draft though we are here to find out who will get the Best Duo Award in the VHLM.

The candidates for the Best Duo in the VHLM are:

Forward Grimgor Ironhide @FrostBeard and Goaltender Red Panda @Lemorse7 of the Mississauga Hounds

Forward Tyrece the Beast @beanhead420 and Forward Eric White Jr @Mysterious_Fish of the San Diego Marlins
Forward Caring Bear @thecaringbear and Forward Behrens Minion @UnknownMinion of the Philadelphia Reapers

We have some great candidates but only one will be able to win the award.

Grimgor Ironhide completely dominated the league, no debate on that front. 125 points is insane and being 13 points ahead of second. The crazy 125 points consisted of 55 goals and 70 assists in a 72 game season. Grimgor almost got an assist a game while getting a lot of goals, that is something I would be looking for in the future. This isn’t a place to talk about Grimgor because this is about a duo, his teammate that also did really well is Red Panda, the Hounds goalie. The Hounds started the season off with a record of 16-0-1 or 16-1-0 I think. No matter what they had barely lost a single game for the first 25 games of so. Red Panda got a record of 54-16-2 since he played every game for the Hounds. Panda also posted a .913 save percentage and a 2.02 GAA while getting eight shutouts. These two players helped lead the team to second in league standings. 

Next we have the Marlins duo of Tyrece the Beast and Eric White Jr. These two players were two of the four returning players for S89’s championship team. Tyrece had a great season getting 112 points that consisted of 49 goals and 63 assists. Tyrece has been doing well in the past two seasons and will be going into the E next season. Eric White Jr had a much better season than last season. For the last week he was in the contention for most goals in the VHLM this season but fell short in the last day of sims. White Jr got 104 points that consisted of 53 goals and 51 assists. For a good 24 games both Tyrece and White Jr had a massive point streak. Tyrece had a 30 game point streak and White Jr had a 24 game point streak until it ended. During the point streaks if one of them scored the other got an assist. That shows great teamwork which helped San Diego win the Prime Minister’s Cup.

The last candidates are Caring Bear and Behrens Minion of Philadelphia. Another all forward duo who were 7 points apart from each other. Caring Bear had a great season for the reapers picking up 51 goals and 59 assists for 110 points. This combined with Minion’s 103 points that consists of 49 goals and 54 assists. The Philly duo did really well this season and with them and the rest of the team the Reapers ended 6th in the VHLM giving them a playoff just like all the other duo’s. This will be a great duo to watch in the postseason.

Again who is surprised by who is winning the VHLM’s Best Duo Award. The award is going to Tyrece the Beast @beanhead420 and Eric White Jr @Mysterious_Fish of the San Diego Marlins. No rigging happened but Tyrece and Eric just did insanely well in the regular season and they will be an exciting duo to watch for in the postseason.

Well thank you for tuning into S90 Unofficial award ceremony, the Best Trio Award is already out for all of you to see who won that award and I can’t wait to see who wins these awards in S91.

Best Trio Award:

Word Count: 1681

P.S. I am open to messages about you making trophies for these awards, just message me.

Edited by Mysterious_Fish