Around the League

Scurvy

So, I have been gone for a week due to work travel so had to catch up a bit. So for this week Around the League, I will chat about the VHLM Playoffs, LA’s dominant victory in the VHL, and some other random stuff to get me to 500 words since my new VHLM player is stinking the rink up.

LA SWEEPS DC

In the western conference, the LA Starts have to wait patiently for the winner of Vancouver and Toronto after an amazing sweep of a very good DC Dragon’s club.  They were led by Svatopluk Puk 3-4-7pts, Todd Cooke 2-4-6pts , Napoleon Dynamite 2-3-5pts, and Dman, Callum Murray  Also, in net is future stud tender, Art Vandelay .965, 1.25 GAA, and 1 shutout.   

LA is going to be well rested and tough to beat for the Western conference championship.  In another few days we will see if its either the Vancouver Wolves or Toronto Legion.  

Marauders taking Marlins to Game 7

So as I type this I just saw that the Miami Marauders just defeated the stacked San Diego Marlins in game 6, (5-2).  The Marlins are truly a Goliath hockey club but with 38 shots on net and only one penalty the Marlins played smart hockey to force a game 7.  

With the 2nd star my player, Logan Ninefingers FINALLY helped the team out with 1goal 2 assists and was a +3.  It has been frustrating to say the least to see NInefingers not produce for a fun Miami club.  While this is my second player in VHL I still feel like a noob when putting TPE in and thought I added points early to what would help him in the VHLM.  

However, the Marauders do have three players who are always on fire and they are Lionel Collberg 5-12-17 pts, Sebastian Thunder 8-8-16pts, and Eno Velvson 6-6-12pts.  In net, the Marauders have relied on David Slezak.  The giant tender is 7-4 in playoffs with a .914 Save percentage, 2.48 GAA, and 1 shutout.  For the Marauders to see a good game 7 they will have to have Velvson on point and a commitment to team defense with some disciplined hockey.  I am excited to see what tomorrow brings. 

Rip Wheeler Update

So, I just spent a week with Rip Wheeler @ScottyPin Oregon for work stuff.  During that time, we talked about the VHL and his current player’s progress.  So, after looking at his updates and his secondary interest in Fantasy Football where he sits #1 in that league, I noticed something.  He spent every waking minute (when not drinking) looking at his FF club, making moves, researching players, etc.  It made me realize with conviction that he is……a DISAPPOINTMENT.  If he put in a third of the time clicking the welfare button, doing a quick PC, or just getting drunk and stumble through a media spot he’d be a beast for a Calgary club that is used to winning.  Anyway Rip, be better because Logan Ninefingers is coming for you!!