Moscow to go after Free Agents hard? Prospect Jarmo Ruutu forced to stay down one more season in the E?

jRuutu

Moscow Menace is reportedly "going all in" on upcoming free agents. Moscow finished in 7th place in the European division during the regular season and as a result the Russian team missed the playoffs. A spokesperson for the Moscow Menace fans stated that it is of the utmost importance that the organization, at the very least, tries to make it into the playoffs next year. To make sure the playoffs expectations are reached,  it is believed Moscow is seriously considering making an offer for Russian center Yaroslav Bogatyrev, who would be an excellent role model for the younger players, and on top of everything he happens to be Russian as well. Another potentially interesting player is The Frenchman who is also rumored to be testing the free agency this off-season.

If and when the rumors about Moscow going after free agents hard this off-season end up being true, one of the players on the losing end is prospect Jarmo Ruutu, who might be forced to retire and that way make it possible for him to stay down in VHLE for one more season.

Jarmo Ruutu himself had this to say:

"It's not the year 1992 anymore, the rules are meant to be broken. If I need to retire and come back some days later to make it more likely that I have a cup ring on my finger - that is what I will have to do. One more year in the E is not going to hurt anyways, but the off-season is only starting. I don't know what will happen."