The Offseason ft. Chicago Phoenix and George Richmond

badcolethetitan

The Offseason ft. Chicago Phoenix and George Richmond

GeorgeRichmondLVA.png

George Richmond, where will he land?

George Richmond finds himself out early in the playoffs, losing in the first round to the Miami Marauders. Richmond ended up having four points and a -6 in the playoffs, something he wasn't happy about. Regardless, he will now be in the upcoming VHLM Draft, where he will find himself as one of the top prospect. It is undetermined if Richmond will be skipping the M and heading to the E to play better competition, or if he'll be looking to tear it up in the minors for the next season. However, if given the chance, Richmond has stated he would like to play in the E to see how he does against better competition. Richmond will be working on his defensive skills this off-season as it is the foundation of any player. He'll also need to become an overall better player if he wants the chance to be able to play at a high level, whether that be in the E or the M. We'll see where Richmond ends up next season in the M draft, or as a waiver player in the E!

Chicago Phoenix, looking ahead

The Chicago Phoenix finish the season going 34-34-4, a better record than most anticipated. The Phoenix to end the season went on a six game winning streak, which pulled them to .500. I guess the downside would be they don't pick as high in the draft, but securing a lottery pick regardless was the goal and we've achieved that. We had three point-per-game players this season in Scotty Sundin @fromtheinside, Bo Johansson @Shindigs, and Ivan Retoslav @eagle_3450. Sundin led the team with 44 goals, 46 assists, good for 90 points and only a -3 on the season, which is extremely impressive. Next up was our star defenseman Bo Johansson who put up 10 goals, 71 assists, and 81 points with only a -2. Last was Ivan Retoslav who found himself with 36 goals, 37 assists, and 73 points, with a -4. This was the core of the team this season, the dynamic trio, however with one retiring, they won't be able to return for another season. With the draft upcoming and free agency, the team will look very different in the upcoming season and the goal is to be able to attempt to have around the same record. As long as I'm able to have a lottery pick I'm happy, as we are still in a rebuild. I hope to be competitive in the near future and give some teams a run for their money!

Miscellaneous

To all the General Managers in the M, if I end up staying down, I do not care who I play for. I know you guys will send out interviews and ask a bunch of questions, but please do not ask me if I'm "willing to play for you." Also, if you are deciding between a first gen and I for line making, please give the first gen the extra time on ice. I don't care about my stats too much, especially in the minors, so it's best you give them a bunch of time on ice so they can see their player succeed!