Around the League -playoff-offseason addition

Scurvy

For this weeks Around the League in 500 words I wanted to chat about the playoffs, off-season blues, where is Jake Thunder, and some other random shit to get me some TPE.  

VHLM Finalsimage.png.03ecbfbc173d514493c5b89a66259850.png  vs image.png.d3d499a7fee32182de88955bf0e25645.png

To everyone’s surprise the gritty Miami Marauders defeated the San Diego Marlins in 7 games shocking the VHLM universe.  The top team all season, the Marlins were stacked from front to back and favored to win.  During the season the Marlins were 57-13-2 and had won every game they faced versus the Marauders.  

Miami took it personal apparently and committed to team defense and shocked the Marlins in the semi-finals.  Miami is off to face the Mississauga Hounds who are led by Grimgor Ironhide @frostbeard.  After the first two games the teams are tied at 1-1, with both games being low scoring and close. Hopefully (selfishly) Miami can stay hot and knock off another Giant of club and win it all.  

JAKE THUNDER WHERE ARE YOU?

So my good pal Jake Thunder @Thunderis again having an award winning season and is helping Davos try to win another Continental Cup.  Davos is currently in the EU finals against an elite Prague Phantoms team.  A proven playoff performer, Thunder currently has 1 goal 8 assists for 9 points in 8 games.  Not shabby but not the numbers we saw last year when he was lighting the lamp, blocking shots, and being a damn pest all over the ice.  While stalking his stats I discovered one very, very shocking stat in his update log!!!!!   He hasn’t earned any TPE since September Tenth!!!.  What is going on!  Thunder, a typical maxed out TPE earning beast has stopped made me wonder if he was, ok???  Has he hit burnout?  We have talked about just how hard it is to do media spots every week since we both suck at graphics, and he hates his voice on a podcast.  Is he alive? Injured?  Now Thunder lives only about 20 minutes from my house so I decided reached out.  I exchanged a few text messages from him, and we spoke about my daughter’s hockey practices and getting together for a Everett Silvertips game since he has season tickets.  We didn’t talk much VHL other than he did mention he liked not having to do a media spot lately.  So, I am guessing a bit of burnout from earning (I hope) and I hope to see my pal back in the game soon.  Best of luck in EU finals Thunder.

Off Season

So the offseason is upon some of us and I find this time of year to be the hardest to stay motivated to earn.  Now I do have my re-create in the VHLM finals so it makes it a bit easier this season.  But having been on a team that has not made the playoffs or been bounced early it is hard and seems to drag forever.  Is there any remedy for this?   I know VHL admin might need the break and I can appreciate that for sure.  Junior showcase, Pro Am, and other tourneys do help and also offer new players to try their hand at GMing.  Is there anything else that can be added? Im curious to hear views?  I did hear one I liked once that all players get 12TP automatic during offseason instead of having to do point tasks for that week?    

See ya next week

16 hours ago, Scurvy said:

unior showcase, Pro Am, and other tourneys do help and also offer new players to try their hand at GMing

Ricer has in the past organized a Chess tournament to while away the time. But if you feel like doing any activity and invite your VHL friends, no one will throw a spanner in the works ;)