Draft!

Rin

Some of the initial draft interviews are starting to come through, which means it's almost time for the double draft offseason! Kind of weird to be drafted not only twice in one offseason to two different leagues, but three times overall throughout the course of a career. It was kind of a quiet season in Saskatoon despite a fairly dominant stretch of play, so hopefully one of my two new squads will be able to pick up where we left off and get Rin over the finish line- both in terms of build and results.

I'm honestly still not thrilled about the detour in the VHLE. I know it's a solution for the issue of coming up into the majors when TPE differentials are still so massive, but I feel like I'm just going through the motions in a second league whose purpose is to maintain balance in the league rather than provide meaningful career achievements or accolades. Almost like inactivity gatekeeping, part 2.

Another smaller thing I've started to think about is earning- I knw I used to be one of these people, but it's wild to see how much TPE people are able to accrue so quickly. There's almost an insecurity that comes with NOT being at the top of that list within your draft class, but I've opted to keep reminding myself that it's a marathon and not a sprint. The last thing I want to do is burn out from something I'm enjoying passively. Being a bit more under the radar does still come with benefits, though- the last time I was drafted into the VHL everything felt like more of a formality. It was obvious that I would go 2nd along with @McWolf to Davos, and while it was an awesome experience, it did remove a little bit of the mystique and mystery that comes with the draft. I truly have no idea where Rin is going to end up, and that beings a fun excitement to draft day that I haven't experienced yet.