Meat & Greet - Ice Nine Kills

Spartan

https://spotify.link/GjwbZGZTVDb

I don't often write Media Spots anymore (although most of my VHL.coms inevitably are long enough to count for it) and I also rarely write purely about my own players, often preferring to instead write about Moscow, the league as a whole or BoG leaks. However with this offseason being potentially the most important in my player's career, it seems like a great time to break my usual habits and trends.

Olober Syko enjoyed a superb debut season in the M, playing behind one of the best overall teams in the league in San Diego. Despite starting the season at a measly sub-100 TPE, Syko capped out by the end of the season and led the league in all significant goaltender stat categories, a feat sure to earn some hardware this offseason during award season. While San Diego failed to make the finals, it was still a strong season that Syko is pleased with - despite constant comparisons to his predecessor Clark who had a phenomenal run in the VHLM on his own merits. A disappointing end result, but it'd be a lie to say Syko is disappointed with the season as a whole.

Looking forward, there are two drafts on the horizon - the VHL's on Thursday, October 19th (although it'll be around 5 AM on the 20th where Syko is currently vacationing) and the VHLE's on a date yet to be determined. Despite being a top prospect and one likely able to go straight to the VHL based on his merits, Syko will likely choose to stay down to develop further before making his rookie debut. What team on the E that'll be on however, is to be seen. So far, no VHLE team has reached out to discuss the draft with Syko or his team, and there seems to be limited spots available with the amount of young goalies saturating the E. It's certainly a possibility that Syko ends up sitting out the full season - instead choosing to train on his own in preparation for the VHL. While it's not the intent for next season, it's not an option Syko will shy away from - and would choose to be undrafted if so.

For the most anticipated VHL draft in many seasons, there's even more question marks for Syko. No team has reached out yet, but very few teams are looking for goalies and are in a position to take the netminder. The immediate goalie hungry teams appear to be DC, Vancouver and Moscow. Of the three however, only Moscow owns at least a single first rounder. Rumors out of Moscow seem to indicate that Syko is not a priority pick with the team's two lottery picks given the availability of fellow S91 prospects Red Panda and Dalkr Vidarsson. With much uncertainty and even some teams Syko would decline to play for due to fit and outlook - along with no completed scouting interviews - it'll be an interesting few days until the draft, especially with Syko's availability limited by timezones and his vacation. Anything could happen on draft night, it'll be up to the hockey gods to determine if the any of the desired outcomes play out.