The Upcoming VHLM Draft

badcolethetitan

The Upcoming VHLM Draft

GeorgeRichmondLVA.png

Hello everyone, back with some more M content! We'll be looking at the projected top 5 picks in the draft, (don't know if these players are going up or down at the moment). I'll also be doing my best to compare them to NHL players, which could be tough, but it'll be fun! I'll also only be using regular season stats. Enjoy!

Projected Top 5, What Will Happen?

1 - Phillip Rave (C) - 200 TPA (38 Banked)

TEAM: SDM | GP: 72 | G: 33 | A: 41 | P: 75 | +/-: +40

Phillip Rave is a lot different compared to everyone else on this list, as he's already played an entire season in the M. In that season though, he put up an impressive 75 points in just 72 games played, showing he's a top tier player already. The biggest question for such a player is that is he going to go up, or stay down. Ultimately, it is his choice on whatever he decides to do, but should he stay down he could be an easy choice for first overall. Rave is an elite scorer, who finds the back of the net and is all focus on driving to the net sitting at 6'4. He's going to be a fantastic player for whatever team drafts him and he could easily be one of the best players in the league for the upcoming season.

NHL Comparison: Alex Tuch

2 - Logan Ninefingers (RW) - 187 TPA (0 Banked)

TEAM: MIA | GP: 18 | G: 3 | A: 3 | P: 6 | +/-: -10

Up next on the list, we have Logan Ninefingers, the highest draft eligible winger in the upcoming draft. Another elite goal scorer who likes to put the puck in the net for any team he gets drafted to. A player that is less about speed and more focusing on his shot is Logan Ninefingers. Again, it's unknown if he'll stay up or down, but he should be a top pick in the upcoming draft. On top of that, Ninefinger has honed his defensive game, where he'll be a very solid pickup for any team that wishes to draft him. I could see him going anywhere from 1-5, but I doubt he will slide out of the top five. He's also got a bit of grit in his game, and ultimately is an all-around player.

NHL Comparison: Matthew Tkachuk

3 - George Richmond (C) - 173 TPA (9 Banked)

TEAM: LVA | GP: 17 | G: 6 | A: 11 | P: 17 | +/-: +18

Sliding into third on the list is George Richmond, the second highest draft eligible center in the upcoming draft. Richmond had a good regular season with the Aces, putting up a point-per-game in his short stint with them. He also was a solid +18, which is very good for a player that was trying to find his footing. Richmond is a faster skater, and also has a huge frame, sitting at a whopping 6'6, one of the tallest players in the draft. The biggest issue for Richmond is his indecisiveness, which could curse him on the ice, however he's a solid player nevertheless. Any team looking to pick up an all-around player would love to have Richmond. (Yes, I'm staying down in the M GMs).

NHL Comparison: Patrice Bergeron

4 - Vanellope Von Schweetz (D) - 178 TPA (0 Banked)

TEAM: SDM | GP: 20 | G: 0 | A: 10 | P: 10 | +/-: +11

In the fourth spot on the list, we have the highest ranked draft eligible defenseman, Vanellope Von Schweetz. Schweetz is the complete package at this point, being a very solid skater, amazing puckhandling, and high defensive IQ. Their offensive side is a bit lacking, but it shouldn't matter as much as they are going to be one of the highest rated defenseman for the upcoming season. Schweetz has a high possibility of going higher than their projected, as defenseman are sought after more than forwards, so we could see Schweetz going as high as first overall!

NHL Comparison: Josh Morrissey

5 - Riley Martin (RW) - 168 TPA (0 Banked)

TEAM: MIA | GP: 12 | G: 8 | A: 7 | P: 15 | +/-: +4

The last spot on the list is Riley Martin, another forward that could sneak himself higher than he's ranked. Martin ended up playing for Miami this season, where he actually put up over a point-per-game with them. What makes Martin different from most of the players on this list is the fact that Martin is a playmaker. They've got amazing passing, some of the best in the minors that could rack them up a ton of assists for the upcoming season. They aren't the strongest on the puck, however, they rely on their creativity to find scoring opportunities for themselves and their teammates. It'll be interesting to see how Martin pans out this season, but they had a great stint with Miami!

NHL Comparison: Trevor Zegras

Other notable names on this list: Vlad Von Carstein (#7 Projected Skater, #2 Projected Defenseman), Adi Dassler (#8 Projected Skater, #1 Projected Left Winger), and Giorgiy Costanzov (#9 Projected Skater, #1 Projected Goalie).

I believe all of these players could actually go higher than projected. Vlad Von Carstein is a defenseman and teams that look to play a more defensive style like the New York Islanders might want to select Vlad Von Carstein to help them on the back end. Adi Dassler is a solid player and also the #1 projected Left Winger who could find himself going a bit earlier than projected. Last, Giorgiy Costanzov is the highest projected goalie and although ranked #9, I can see them going even sooner than that, even right outside the top five.

Steals in my eyes: Jeffrey Howard Dewberry Kalin (#15 Projected Skater, #5 Projected Right Winger), and Karol Lamb (#20 Projected Skater, #5 Projected Defenseman)

I think these two players will actually end up going higher than they are projected and could pan out to be steals for the teams to select them. Kalin is a player who joined the M not too long ago and is already climbing the draft rankings, so look for them to end up going higher than projected. Another player that didn't join too long ago is Karol Lamb, literally joining this week. They haven't applied any TPE, so they could be waiting to see where they go and could easily go higher than projected, as they are a defenseman.

Thanks for reading! I probably won't do too much more M content until later in the season, but if you ended up reading this, I appreciate it!

1000+ words

I've been sellin' my soul, workin' all day
Overtime hours for bullshit pay
So I can sit out here and waste my life away
Drag back home and drown my troubles away

It's a damn shame what the world's gotten to
For people like me and people like you
Wish I could just wake up and it not be true
But it is, oh, it is

Livin' in the new world
With an old soul
These rich men north of Richmond