Schwarzer Embarks on His VHLE Journey with Cologne Express

Velevra

Schwarzer Embarks on His VHLE Journey with Cologne Express

Joshua Schwarzer's hockey journey continues as he was drafted 12th overall by the Cologne Express in the VHLE Entry Draft. He's eager to embark on this new chapter and make his mark with the two-time defending champions.

Joining a championship-caliber team like the Express is an incredible opportunity, but it comes with high expectations. The Express have set the bar high with back-to-back championships, and Schwarzer is determined to contribute to their legacy.

"It's an honor to be part of the Cologne Express," Schwarzer commented. "I'm ready to work hard and prove myself in any role that they need me. The team's success speaks for itself, and I want to be a part of their continued dominance."

However, the Express's forward depth presents a challenge. With ten forwards on the roster, playing time may be at a premium, but Schwarzer is undeterred.

"I'm prepared to give it my all to earn a spot in the top 6 and get some power play and penalty kill time," he stated with determination. "Competition only makes us better, and I'm excited for the challenge."

Moreover, Schwarzer's upcoming season with Cologne will give him the chance to play alongside Lionel Collberg, who was also drafted to the Chicago Phoenix. The two promising talents are poised to be key pieces in the Phoenix's future, and building chemistry with Collberg in Cologne will be crucial for their success in Chicago.