Toronto Legion S91 Draft Recap

animal74

After the VHL S91 Entry Draft, Toronto AGM Joel Castle was asked for his analysis of the Legion’s three newest prospects.

He discussed the players in the order they were drafted:

Round 2, 14th pick, 30th Overall: G Toddly Bobbly @ToddlyBobbly Canada

Round 3, 4th pick, 36th Overall: RW Kel Varnsen @JayF Azerbaijan

Round 3, 13th pick, 45th Overall: C Rory Sullivan @Odette.Boudreaux Ireland

“Bobbly is a really tall goaltender who’s played well in just a few pro games and we like his raw tools. He’s got a solid skillset and a good work ethic and we think we’ve picked up a really good prospect in net.”

“I think Kel Varnsen is unique – kind of a defensive power forward – and he has the size to be a massive disruption on the ice. He was tied for the VHLM lead in hits and also provided some offense and had a good playoffs too. If he keeps working on his skills, he can become a very impactful player for us.”

“Sullivan is a skilled center with good offensive instincts. He’s not really big but he does use his body. Like most young players, he needs to work on his play away from the puck but there are good tools there and can score timely goals.”

“Not a lot of picks for us this draft but I think we added some good players for our organization and I look forward to seeing how they develop.”