Team Europe is the S90 WJC Champions!

jRuutu

The final was an entertaining game as Team Canada and Team Europe, both, had over 40 shots, but Team Europe was more clinical in front of the net, the game ended 4-2. One of the more surprising stories in the tournament was the performance of center Jarmo Ruutu, who collected in total of 13 assists in 12 games for Team Europe. Many expected Raimo Tuominen to be the leading center for Team Europe as Raimo scored a solid 53 points in VHLE last year. For comparison, Ruutu had only 16 points.  

Jarmo Ruutu spoke to the media after the final win, this is what he had to say about the tournament and his performance:

"I have watched many episodes of the show "My 600-lb Life", and what I learned is that the role of a feeder is often far larger than the role of whoever is eating. I did not score any goals this tournament, but I managed to dish the puck and feed the guys, we found some nice chemistry early on and it worked for us. I got chances to score also, but luckily the guys managed to score more than I did. This gold medal is a huge win for me and Team Europe, and everybody in Europe. I am delighted. "