Media Spot

jacobcarson877

Would you look at that, it’s Monday again! I probably have a few weeks of Media Spots lined up that I could have claimed, but my sense of time is entirely out of loop at the moment. The season has finally started, and Landon and London are off to spectacular starts. Landon just had a wonderful sim last night, piling up the points against Warsaw and Moscow, which while not the average matchup, still feels nice to start building what I hope will be a really successful season. Scoring has been a struggle the last couple seasons, with Landon missing the targets that other might have expected for him. He had a nice long offseason to rest and recuperate and is finally feeling like his is coming into this season stronger than the last, and so far seems to be proving that.

London has been off to a wonderful start on all accounts. Molly the Cat, Wann Kerr and Leonard Triller are working, and should have the opportunity, once we get our cracks at the weak-of-goaltending team, to really crank up those point totals. Sjin, Ivan Retoslav and Thor Odinson are filling the rest of the minutes beautifully, with all 3 getting in on the power play scoring, and dominating in those penalty killing situations. Sjin leads rookie point scoring alongside Warsaw’s Maxim Anisimov, and will hopefully garner some Stolzschweiger attention. Lloyd Braun is doing great as our powerplay quarterback, and the Nesbitt/Solyom duo are running a really strong penalty kill. Jeckler is getting a ton of opportunities in all situations and looks like someone who can eat a lot of minutes. Growth has been slow at first, but we’re starting to kick it up a notch, working together to encourage each other to train as often as possible. Seeing early success like this is very important for kickstarting that kind of engagement, knowing that what people are putting in, is what we are getting out.

There’s a few surprises in the league thus far, first off being the off the bat free for all at the top of the EU Conference. Four to five teams have been locked, dead even for the last few days with a lot of head to head games already in the books. Nobody can seem to get ahead at the moment, and this could very well be how the rest of the season looks. On the other end of the table, North America is in shambles. Toronto and Calgary are tumbling, Seattle is having a Seattle-like surge, DC looks nothing like they did to open last season, and Chicago is for absolutely no reason at all, the top team In the league. Toronto is letting in more goals than was expected, and Calgary is scoring at a much lower rate than expected. Goal differential is all over the place in those standings, and ideally, Simon will make sense of it soon and give us some results we can work with.

Until next time everyone!

14 hours ago, jacobcarson877 said:
14 hours ago, hylands said:

comment responding to media spot

quote, and a comment responding to the comment responding to media spot

Quote of a quote and a comment responding to a comment responding to a media spot (with emoji) ;)

There are a number of articles of this nature showing surprise at how Simon is tossing all logic to the wind and producing results that nobody expected.  Tight EU and Chicago doing well are two such topics and I expect that the future will be filled with similar discussions.  This season seems to be one for the ages as Simon throws all logic to the wind and is doing whatever it wants.  Hopefully Landon can finally hit that production target and that 100 point barrier that has been in front of him every season.  Hopefully London can continue to develop and put up a good playoff run.  However in the days of Simon says nobody knows.  Great article I give it a 9/10, Keep up the great work.