Too Busy Sunday to Pre-Write my PT!

jacobcarson877

Well, Landon Wolanin has played in his final regular season games. I will be doing a larger report on his performance as a whole in the future but for now I just want to take the time to appreciate what was. Landon was a player that never really took that extra step forward. He was a player who was always there but not quite THERE. He featured on many a top 10 leaderboard, but not on the upper half. He had many incredible teammates, and played for many incredible teams. He got to ride shotgun with a first-ballot Hall of Famer most of his career. It was a great experience as my first player where I was actually earning and paying attention. It will be hard to move on, but I’m excited for new opportunities to be less mid, and maybe apply some more of the things that I learned over the course of my career to my next player.

I’ll be coming in with a boatload of carryover, and I know where to find those extra tidbits of TPE now. While I may not be the same member that the site voted for the Elmebeck in S84, as well a lot has changed in my life since then, I hope to inspire another generation of new members to take up the reins that us old farts left, and shape this league how you want to see it.

As many of you know I will be taking a half season hiatus from having a player, although I will still be GMing my little heart out. I have a couple projects to keep me occupied for a few weeks, but generally this next month or so is pretty crazy as I’m sure all of you can relate to. I’ve got a lot of transition coming for me at work, and who knows what life looks like outside of the short term. I’m glad I can continue to make the VHL something that I want to dedicate my time to.

For my next player, I’m hopping into a stacked S94 draft class, and I’ll be waiting patiently to see what kind of position will be available. You might not see the next iteration of my agency until the Saturday or something. I want to get the best glimpse I can get of where the nationalities are distributed, what the names are like, and how I can position myself best over the course of my career. I have things to accomplish this time around. I’m leaning away from forward, and you’ll certainly be seeing me make an appearance for the Marlins! You might not see me at the VHLM draft, although if I’m below 200, I will not be skipping the VHLM. I think the VHLE will be just fine without me, if it exists at that point.

This is my last chance to have a father son showdown at least for a little while, so I’ll obviously be rooting for Helsinki and London (duh) in this coming round, so that we can have one final duel! Who better to take me out than myself!