Italian duo makes positive first impression

Victor

• Admin

Trade deadline day in the VHL in S91 arrived with unexpected great news for Italian hockey – not one but two highly-rated prospects from well-regarded agencies decided to join the S93 draft while also representing Italy.

At the time of writing, Antonia Bucatini and Gianfranco Del Rocco remain the top two prospects in the draft based on TPE and pleasingly for Italian fans do not appear to be engaging in a toxic rivalry but going about their business in a healthy manner.

Those hoping for an immediate link-up between the two young forwards were left disappointed when Bucatini teamed up with fellow S93 draftee Jean Pierre-Devote from nearby Monaco instead, joining the high-flying Philadelphia Reapers. Bucatini has reaped benefits of making the first move with 14 points in 18 regular season games and now already beating that with 15 points through two rounds of the playoffs as Philadelphia has booked a ticket to the Founder's Cup finals.

Del Rocco, having opted to join fringe playoff team Miami instead to guarantee a top 6 position, matched Bucatini's regular season output but the playoffs ended for the Marauders after just five games, with just a goal and an assist for Del Rocco to show for it.

Both Italians have shown good progress in their early VHLM days and will be expected to be drafted early in the upcoming Dispersal Draft, with fans back home having every reason to look forward to a bright future in the VHL.

22 hours ago, Victor said:

Trade deadline day in the VHL in S91 arrived with unexpected great news for Italian hockey – not one but two highly-rated prospects from well-regarded agencies decided to join the S93 draft while also representing Italy.

At the time of writing, Antonia Bucatini and Gianfranco Del Rocco remain the top two prospects in the draft based on TPE and pleasingly for Italian fans do not appear to be engaging in a toxic rivalry but going about their business in a healthy manner.

Those hoping for an immediate link-up between the two young forwards were left disappointed when Bucatini teamed up with fellow S93 draftee Jean Pierre-Devote from nearby Monaco instead, joining the high-flying Philadelphia Reapers. Bucatini has reaped benefits of making the first move with 14 points in 18 regular season games and now already beating that with 15 points through two rounds of the playoffs as Philadelphia has booked a ticket to the Founder's Cup finals.

Del Rocco, having opted to join fringe playoff team Miami instead to guarantee a top 6 position, matched Bucatini's regular season output but the playoffs ended for the Marauders after just five games, with just a goal and an assist for Del Rocco to show for it.

Both Italians have shown good progress in their early VHLM days and will be expected to be drafted early in the upcoming Dispersal Draft, with fans back home having every reason to look forward to a bright future in the VHL.

Victor you need to recheck your numbers... Bucatini and Devote have been #1 and #2 in the S93 class since week 2... Del Rocco hasn't been above Devote since he had the 1 TPE lead in the first week of the draft class...

• Admin
49 minutes ago, eagle_3450 said:

Victor you need to recheck your numbers... Bucatini and Devote have been #1 and #2 in the S93 class since week 2... Del Rocco hasn't been above Devote since he had the 1 TPE lead in the first week of the draft class...

I don't do my full update on Mondays and haven't done today's. I was ahead yesterday and I don't think your temporary 5 TPE lead is going to cause me significant issues giving there's 14 a week.

7 hours ago, Victor said:

I don't do my full update on Mondays and haven't done today's. I was ahead yesterday and I don't think your temporary 5 TPE lead is going to cause me significant issues giving there's 14 a week.

the only reason I've fallen behind you now is that I got sick last week and missed an update...