George Richmond Gearing Up for the Draft

badcolethetitan

George Richmond Gearing Up for the Draft

GeorgeRichmondSig2.png?ex=654d560c&is=65

Playoffs Come to an End

The Ottawa Lynx are officially eliminated from the playoffs, as they fell to the Philadelphia Reapers in five games. Richmond had an impressive playoff run, putting up 18 points in 10 games played, with 8 goals, 10 assists, and a +8 in the playoffs alone. As for the regular season, he eclipsed the 100 point mark, with 46 goals, 55 assists, and a +44 for the Lynx in 72 games played. The Lynx had high hopes for the playoffs, as they were one of the top seeds coming into the playoffs and ultimately, the goal was a cup. However, now with them failing to qualify for the finals, Richmond will be rooting for the Saskatoon Wild and his good friend @ToddlyBobbly. As quoted in the end of season locker room clean out, he had to say this, "I hope that Saskatoon wins it all. It's going to be tough for them, but with a fantastic goaltender and a great team all-around, I feel like it can be done. A good friend of mine is on that team and is having a fantastic season, so I hope he can come out with a championship. As for me, I'll be heading to the E, then the VHL after that. I will be looking forward to the future!"

Where will George Richmond Land?

Continuing on with where Richmond will land, he is currently projected to go 2nd in the upcoming S92 VHL Entry Draft, however, rankings don't mean everything. He was projected to go 1st overall in the VHLM Draft, however, he ended up sliding all the way out of the 1st round, so anything can happen. Currently, the team with the 2nd overall pick would be the Moscow Menace, which would potentially select him with that pick. He would be joining a young core of players as they continue on their rebuild. Richmond had this to say about potentially going to Moscow, "I'd love to play for any team that drafts me to be honest. I feel like you shouldn't be picky with the team you end up getting selected to, as they're already willing to take that risk on you. You don't represent your name on the back of the jersey, you play for the logo in front. I feel like that's a really big thing that most people forget about, where as I really pride myself on playing for the organization that is committed to me." Richmond will be a top prospect heading into the draft and we'll have to see where he ends up come draft night!

Miscellaneous about the Draft

Please, don't hesitate to shoot me a message, even if you are thinking about potentially moving up GMs! I will make sure to respond to every message that I receive about the draft, whether that be the VHL or the VHLE. I'm always around and am looking forward to playing for any of your teams in the future! Good luck at the draft and hopefully everything goes as planned!

Words: 506

5 hours ago, badcolethetitan said:

I will make sure to respond to every message that I receive about the draft, whether that be the VHL or the VHLE.

Well, I don't think you'll need to put much effort towards the VHLE and the 2 messages you might get from them