Contract decision

Greg_Di

The season has ended; not the way any of the Malmo players expected but it was an exciting season overall.

One big question that fans and management are asking is what is Henry Eagles going to do? His contract runs out at the end of the season and Henry has a very tough decision to make.

Option A: Resign with Malmo

This would in reality probably be the best option for Henry, having only 2 years left in his VHL career and coming off a career year where he almost reached his goal of 100 points. He is very comfortable in Malmo and likes his team-mates and management. His one goal on his mind is to help Malmo win the cup.

Option B: Hit Free Agency

The other option is to test free agency. No Eagle's player has ever gone to Free Agency so the allure of being the first could be intriguing to Henry. On the other hand the question is will there be any teams willing to use his services for 2 years. While he did have a career year he is on the downturn of his career only have 2 eligible seasons left to play. If he opts for free agency, he may end up with no contract and no place to play next season

" I have a tough decision to make this off-season and I will think hard and long about it; I have not yet made my decision but I do know Malmo is very interested in having me back and there is definitely mutual interest but I won't know the final answer until I sit with my agent and discuss it" Henry said when questioned about his status.