Gustav Mattias – Sniper or Liability  

Berocka

Dear Mr. Campbell 

Here is my Scouting report for Gustav Mattias 

Name: Gustav Mattias 

Position: RW 

Height: 5’ 5” 

Weight: 140lbs 

Current Team: San Diego Marlins & Vasteras Iron Eagles. 

Country of Origin: United States of America 

Gustav is a young player that seems to focus mainly on his offensive side of his game, he can definitely put up points but the lack of defensive capabilities may leave him as a liability to a team such as ours. Please see below further investigation into his strengths and weaknesses based on the games I have watched him play. 

Strengths: 

Wrist Shot: Gustav can put the puck wherever he wants it in the net and it will go there, it might not have the most speed on it but just know that it will end up in the right spot. I see this as the shining light in this player with a little bit more practice and some time with our offensive coach I think if you give him the puck within the hash marks there will be a goal more often than not. 

Slap Shot: Whilst it isn’t as good as his wrist shot it is the other way around, he is less accurate with this, but it is blazing fast. When it is on target it takes a hell of a lot of stopping to make sure it doesn’t hit the net and go through it. If he ever goes into a skills competition, I would bet all my money on Gustav. 

Penalty Shots: This kid has some good dekes on him but isn’t the best with them in open play but when he is one on one with the Goalie he will score most of the time. I know it is a bit of a niche skill that we shouldn’t really look out for but if we ever get to a shoot out I would definitely have him in your top 3. 

Weaknesses: 

Size: He is only quite a small kid and whilst you can see he has been working on his strength he will still get bodied on the ice. Add this to the fact he keeps his head down when skating he could be potentially injury prone, whilst I think that we can train the keeping the head up I honestly don’t think he really has the build for a pro level VHLer. 

Discipline: This man is a hot head not only does he cause shit if he disagrees with anyone including teammates, but his on ice discipline is worse pair that with his defensive skills and he makes a lot of sloppy errors. 

Defence: Speaking of Defence oh my this kid doesn’t back check and when in the defensive zone is honestly just looking for someone to make a stretch pass to him so he can go and score. This kid has no interest in wanting to defend he just wants to see the puck in the back of the net. 

In summary Mr. Campbell I would not reach for this player he is a third rounder at best.