King Kisslinger interview!

Kisslinger

King Kisslinger, one of Warsaw’s next powerhouses has been working so hard over the offseason trying to claw and fight his way and prove to himself that he can be a major part of this franchises future. After a somewhat disappointing rookie season in his eyes which saw him log 17 goals and 24 assists for 41 points in 72 games and during those games he had a plus minus of -41. King Kisslinger was selected with a first round pick and he doesn’t necessarily feel like one currently. 

King Kisslinger recently said, “you know it’s one of those things where I think because I had really high expectations of myself and I failed to meet them that I’m down on myself. It isn’t anyone’s fault but mine on how I performed and it’s honestly solely up to me to fix the issue and start to perform. I know hockey is not all about being on the stat sheet and yes I do help in other ways but it’s really tough when you aren’t doing what you feel like you’re supposed to be doing.” King also stated, “ I have been working with the offensive coaches really hard over the off season on picking better shots and making sure I can get the puck to my teammates clearly and without an interception of the pass. As for my defensive aspect of my game I’ve been really working on my backwards skating and most definitely my poke checking. I feel like I was taking too many penalties and we can’t have that when we are trying to be the best team there is. What happened last season is water under the bridge, I can not focus on it or else I’ll find myself in the same situation. This year we have a brand new team and a brand new me. I am not going to overrate myself, rather let my game speak for itself and show the fans that myself and the predators can be the real deal.” We asked Kisslinger where this attitude change came from. “Again it all started with last season thinking I will be the best player to walk the earth when that isn’t the case. “I was a rookie with a big head on my shoulders and I got humbled. My coaches and team have been non stop supportive and have help me create this better attitude. The atmosphere in the locker room when were losing was still amazing and it really put some things into perspective for me. We have such a great group of guys and it’s going to be such a blessing to be able to go to war with them every night pretty soon once again.”

I cannot wait for this new season to start, I feel like this team is going to be showing flashes of what the future holds and it will be very exciting to put the league on notice and show the world that the predators are ready for the prey.