Running With the Bulls: Tinker Tyler Sidney Spy

LucyXpher

rwtb.thumb.png.0eba4dab42c4f299816cf13ec0189b94.png

Just when I think things are quieting down around the Houston Bulls, a spicy new controversy rears its head, dragging me back into the fray once more.  This time it involves a precipitous chain of events-- players leaving and joining the team, a revolving door at the center ice position, and an imposter-- all culminating in speculation of locker-room espionage.  I hope you've got your tinfoil hat on for this one, 'cause it's a doozy.

Tinker: The Bulls' GM, @AJW, has been busy tinkering with his roster lately. It all began when the Bulls' number one centerman, Nathan Schwartz, retired suddenly and departed the team.  The reasons for his untimely disappearance are still unknown, and are quite frankly, his own personal business.  What's important here is the gaping hole at center ice that was left in the wake of his departure.  AJW needed to act quickly to fill the hole as the team had only one other centerman, fringe roster player Deez Nutz, who has since been released from his contract with the team.  Within hours of Schwartz leaving the team, the Houston front office had found a replacement: SID THE FREAKING KID GOAT CROSBY.  In his first game with the team, he appeared on the scoresheet, potting a goal to help the Bulls tie the game against the Ottawa Lynx.  His time in Houston would be short lived-- only 2 games, in fact, before he would become the center of a controversy that would see his dismissal from the team.  

Tyler: After the short lived stint of SID THE FREAKING KID GOAT CROSBY, GM AJW and AGM @Nathan_8 were thrust back into action, tasked with finding not one, but two new centers.  Once again, AJW delivered, welcoming new additions Tyler Lawson @Nyx and Murray Connolly @Blakemac22.  How the GM managed to pull this two-headed rabbit out of a hat is nothing short of a modern miracle and should earn him league-wide recognition if the Bulls can deliver on their potential.  

Without missing a beat, Houston was able to ice a complete 3 line roster in their very next game against the Philadelphia Reapers.  Despite losing this game, the hard work of recruitment had once again been accomplished, setting the team up for long term success. Tyler Lawson impressed in his Bulls debut, scoring the first goal of the game against the Reapers, and matching the feat by scoring first again in the next game, a 4-1 Bulls win against the Halifax 21st.  With Connolly and Lawson in the lineup, the Bulls are a certifiably deep team, albeit a young team with plenty of potential for growth. With nearly two thirds of the season remaining, it's an ideal situation for a club that has had belief in themselves since the beginning of training camp.

Sidney: So what ever happened with SID THE FREAKING KID GOAT CROSBY?  Well, it turns out that SID THE FREAKING KID GOAT CROSBY, is actually Landon Flatt, a defender currently under contract with the Mexico City Kings, a conference rival of the Houston Bulls.  

Spy: While his motivations are still unclear, what has come to light is the nature of his disguise.  Flatt, wearing Groucho Marx glasses, infiltrated the Houston locker-room, gaining access to the Bulls inner circle.  How it took two games for anyone to notice the shoddy disguise is a mystery unto itself, though I will give the benefit of the doubt to Bulls management who were under the gun to fill holes in their roster.  Was Flatt trying to gain insight on the Houston systems in order to give the Kings an advantage in head to head matchups?  Was he trying to sabotage the Bulls with mediocre play?  Was he betting on games and fixing results?  Speculation of inter-locker-room espionage has been running wild since this news broke.  Though nothing concrete has surfaced yet, it's safe to say that the Bulls are feeling violated and betrayed.  After dealing with their own controversy within the squad through the first two weeks of the season, the appetite for drama is dwindling-- especially from an outside source.

Assistant captain, Lucy Leitner, was not mincing words, "Look, maybe instead of corny costumes and cringey names, just come out and say it-- you wish you were a Bull.  I mean, who wouldn't want to be in Houston right now? Just own it and stop playing games."

It's a valid question: Who wouldn't want to be in Houston right now?  Things are definitely looking up for the Bulls, having weathered the storms of another controversy and emerging stronger.  This is a tight group of players who are, dare I say, bull-ish on what the can accomplish by season's end.  

Notes:
- After my last article, which highlighted a quote from an anonymous scout who referred to Lucy Leitner as a "muffin factory", there were rumors that Little Bites were looking to sponsor the smooth skating defender.  It seems, however, that the deal is off the table as Leitner potted 3 goals in her last two games.  It seems that muffins are off the menu at the team picnic-- at least for the time being.

- Ondrej Vencko @Mutti is in love?!  A new article by Ben Icio del Toro, of the Houston Gossiper, has some stunning new revelations about the personal life of the polarizing Houston netminder.  Perhaps his drug of choice, after all, was love?  More to come...

Lauren Lambert for VHL.com

Edited by LucyXpher

1 hour ago, LucyXpher said:

Assistant captain, Lucy Leitner, was not mincing words, "Look, maybe instead of corny costumes and cringey names, just come out and say it-- you wish you were a Bull.  I mean, who wouldn't want to be in Houston right now?

Truer words have never been spoken - what a squad.

On another note, what a shame I didn't get picked up around here sooner. Looks like I missed out on A LOT of drama with this team. 

Really fun article, it was definitely a good read! Looking forward to the next one (hopefully with less espionage though?)

36 minutes ago, hylands said:

confirming this was a rogue king. mexico city would never stoop to such shady tactics. we will continue to beat you on the ice :)

Fair enough and glad to hear it! Good luck to y'all next time we meet 🏒🤝

53 minutes ago, AJW said:

So many mysteries left to be solved 🤔🔥

Well done Lucy!

Thanks AJ! This is all you being the best GM in the league!

1 hour ago, Nyx said:

Truer words have never been spoken - what a squad.

On another note, what a shame I didn't get picked up around here sooner. Looks like I missed out on A LOT of drama with this team. 

Really fun article, it was definitely a good read! Looking forward to the next one (hopefully with less espionage though?)

Thank you!  And we're glad to have you join us when you did!  Still lots of season left, god knows what'll happen... 🌶️

1 hour ago, Nathan_8 said:

Houston is singlehandedly putting all of the content on the forum with these controversies

Praying for good news stories from here on out 🙏🤞

1 hour ago, Mutti said:

That's some high quality writing, right there!

I love how much Houston lore was uncovered in such a short period of time. 😄

Can't wait for another Running release!

Thanks! But you started it... 😛