The Prequel

jacobcarson877

One or two more Media Spots left before the new player debuts! Still leaning Defender here, but the goalie itch is really strong right now. Couple of weaker goalie classes in a row, and it’s definitely got me thinking of a real attempt at the position instead of whatever we can call my first-gen player (best backup ever!). We’ll see what some of the other lean towards, I’ll likely create later in the week to take advantage of the most up to date intelligence.

One of my goals with this player is to take care of myself more. I’ve always been a very loyal person, and I’d normally sign a life-long contract with whichever team would offer it first. But I think I need to take advantage of better opportunities if I’m going to be investing this much time and effort into my next player again. Landon Wolanin was very much a Hall of Pretty Decent player, partially because of the sheer level of talent he played alongside, and the lack of personal award recognition.

I want to be a leader, I want to be the name, and I want to get the first opportunity to get the best chances available. I want to join a team ready to build around me, and I want to work with players that I can form synergies with and amplify.

This might mean jumping ship in Free Agency. It might mean getting traded. It might very well mean staying on the same team my whole career. Who knows, but I want to make sure that I get the chance to use my additional TPE and sim knowledge to give myself the best chance to have a personally successful career.

Do I have any regrets with Landon Wolanin? Not really. Ricer and Calgary were amazing to me and surrounded me with the talent (or surrounded the talent with me) to maximize success. We won our Cup, should’ve won more, and got a boatload of recognition from the league for our efforts. Maybe I wouldn’t have signed that last extension, but I know that the pick they got in return for me helped move the franchise that treated me so well forward. Helsinki was also very kind to me, despite London kicking our ass for most of my Ten(o)ure. Sam did the best she could with the resources she had, and I think the team looks much better in a future without me. Lots coming up the pipeline and a lot of smart asset management. Just too early for me!

I’ve already decided I’ll be landing in San Diego, and if I have the option to skip the M draft, I will decline. I have no intention of rushing the process, and I will play only 8 seasons in the VHL. I have no interest in player at a lesser TPA for the length of my career just to get a second rookie season. Building a legendary player will take tact, and I intend to make every decision with patience and research.

31 minutes ago, jacobcarson877 said:

I will play only 8 seasons in the VHL. I have no interest in player at a lesser TPA for the length of my career just to get a second rookie season.

I could go off again. That’s not the way the system should work dammit 😅

I’m going defense this time around, but that and goaler are both rewarding in their own ways. Having now done all the things, I’m glad I can say that there isn’t one I’d recommend against. 

I was leaning tender with my recreate but I am more and more likely to go back Forward with my next player since I would like to see if I can build a better Forward than my first Gen, Defense is off the cards since I want a different challenge after creating PEB.

I was thinking of only doing 8 or maybe even seven season in the VHL; hacking off TPE to get a better chance at the Christian but that isn`t me so I guess I will see where y development is and I might just go 9 again since I know I made mistakes with PEB that would have seen him much better later in his career if I didn`t make those mistakes.

With a goalie I feel like you have too hack the TPE off and stay a year or two in the VHLE if you have any chance of real success in the VHL and I am not sure I can do that!!

Edited by Gaikoku-hito