Around the Leagues I'm Involved in

badcolethetitan

Around the Leagues I'm Involved in

GeorgeRichmondFinished.png?ex=65ad56a5&i

The VHL - Chicago Phoenix

The Chicago Phoenix are off to a 8-13-1 start, not the best for the roster, however, it was expected. Coming into this season, the expectations were set low and the roster wasn't something that was going to be able to compete with. Management knew that this season would most likely be the last season of rebuilding, where they'd start to compete next season. However, there are many question marks with this roster heading into the off-season, as the Phoenix lack a number one center. They have some supporting pieces and a very young D core, but they'll ideally need a centerman to be able to play with Trunov, who is having a fantastic season for the Phoenix. A potential MVP candidate, Yaroslav Trunov has 36 points in 22 games played, with 15 goals and 21 assists, which is on pace to beat his career high by far. It seems that every season, the Phoenix produce one player that shatters expectations and plays way above their potential, as Trunov seems to be that player this season. It'll be interesting to see if he can keep this point production up, as in the past, Chicago has struggled to find consistency and score goals, which seems they can score this season. Keeping the puck out of the net though is difficult for the Phoenix, especially their second line, as they don't have the depth to match up against other teams. We'll see come trade deadline if Chicago has something in store, or if they'll wait until the off-season to make some moves.

The VHLE - Cologne Express (George Richmond)

Meanwhile in the E, Cologne has found themselves at the top of the table, already having a 9 point lead over the second place team. It's no doubt that Cologne right now is the best team in the league, but as it is a long season, anything could change. Cologne currently has a 17-3-2 record, with a +38 goal differential, and a league leading 80 goals for and 42 goals against. This team is stacked and they seem poised to bring home another trophy. Led by Anthony Simmons, the team seems to have the depth to stack up against any team, where Simmons has 35 points in 22 games played and looks to be a front runner for multiple awards. George Richmond is having a fantastic season, with 32 points in 22 games played and a +14, something Moscow fans are going to be very happy about. Another interesting statistic is that Richmond has 5 game winning goals, which is the most on the roster, despite not having the most goals on the team. It seems Richmond comes in clutch when he's needed, not scoring the most goals, but the most impactful ones. When we asked Richmond about his goal scoring, he replied saying that, "I do want to be able to finish more of my chances. I'm shooting just over 9% right now and I feel like it could be higher." The young superstar winger is still finding his place in the VHLE, where if he's able to finally get his footing, he could be in the race for MVP should he overtake Simmons. Regardless, Cologne is on fire currently and there's no signs of stopping. All aboard the hype train!

Players mentioned: @qripll @Starchychaff