Interview with Diego Machado

Dadam30

We are live in down town Toronto here at VHLCBC head courters I'm you host Joe Joey and we are join by a very special guest! Most viewers will know him even though last season was his first season VHL and For your home town Toronto Legion Up and coming future all star Diego Machado! Welcome to the show Diego! (Diego) "Glad to be here cant wait to get started!" I Agree Diego lets get started with all questions i know the fans are waiting to hear! " I agree!" 

I want to start off by saying congratulations on the champion ship with your team last season! How did it feel to win the Continental cup in your rookie year? "Thanks Joe, the feeling of winning most championships feel the same but there is always something special about winning the cup in the big leagues! Winning it as a rookie wouldn't have been possible if the managers in Toronto didn't give me the chance they did playing me up in a big role on the second line and them trusting me to play big minutes in the playoffs made winning as a rookie more special for me as the management trusted me to help bring the championship to Toronto!"
I can imagine there is almost no better feeling in the world then being crowned champions!

Toronto Had some impressive Rookies last season in Callahan and Fitzroy did that make it easier to join the big league team a little bit easier? "Absolutely it did! having having more rookies around in the beginning of the season 100% helped with the fear of joining the big leagues as the new kid on the block. Having other people going through the same experiences that I was made everything a whole lot easier! A bonus is that the three of us became really close throughout the season even though we weren't always on the ice together at the same time!"  
I see making friends always seems easier when you all are going through the same things. 

You Had a little bit of controversy this season that ended up getting you suspended for a week this season. Can you tell us what went through you mind during that period? "Yeah was not the most proud moment of my young career but people make mistakes mine unfortunately hurt myself and the team but i learned from it and will make sure i don't make the same mistakes in the future."
I completely agree with you Diego its how you handle when you make the mistake that shows you the type of person you are.

What was your most memorable moment this season other than the championship of course? "For me it has to be scoring my first goal! It was a amazing experience, it was in my first game i got an amazing pass and it made getting my first goal all the better. But the thing i will always remember the most is that my family was in the building to see it so it made for a special moment for my family as well not just for myself!"
Those moments are always best spent with your friends and family!

Well that's going to do it here today from all of us at VHLCBC have a great night and go legion!

Great job with this interview!  You did well to give your host a voice that fits the role.  I liked the question about how Machado might have had other fellow rookies to find comradery with in his first season, and I appreciate the fact that you addressed the suspension.  I think it's a good show of character to admit a mistake and move past it, so congrats on that!  Overall, I found this interview to be compelling and quite realistic!  In the spirit of doing an honest review, I think there are a few places where some punctuation or small grammatical errors could be fixed, but it didn't really detract much from the reading experience.  Well done and thanks for sharing this!

9/10

01/28/24

Edited by LucyXpher