The Anti-Lottery

Gustav

I knew I was creating on defense for a while. It's been a very long time since I played there (and I didn't even spend my whole career doing it), and even though I was terrible at it, I still had a lot of fun. I'm very excited for my next player, whose name I can now reveal (bonus points if you understand it).

Something that made me question that a bit, though, was the fact that I'd heard lots of buzz about other people creating at the same position. It's going to be really interesting to see what comes of this--I'm now the sixth higher-profile member to recreate on defense in this draft class. It brings up lots of questions about who's getting drafted and where, because not everyone has a need for someone at our position and someone's going to fall. But that also means that someone's getting a bargain--we might have to fight for those top spots, but everything that matters after that point will be decided on the ice. For some people, it might be just a stroke of particularly good or bad luck.

But I look forward to it! This brings up lots of chances to get into things a little bit deeper. We have the chance to define an entire generation of defense and we'll have a good group to measure up to going forward. We've all got serious #1 potential and we'll all have to do a lot to keep up.

@KRZY @jacobcarson877 @JCarson @AW13 @Tate Let's all have great careers!