Career Year for Jax?

ke1vi

The Toronto Legion are sitting comfortably in 4th place as the season winds down the prep for playoffs start. Jimi Jax is a big part of it with 34 goals and 76 points, 5 off his career high of 81. This time last year, the stat line was just a piece of a Toronto Legion arsenal that eventually led to a Victory Cup. This year has different perception, with Jax leading the team for pretty much the entire season and a wide gap in +/- relative to the next best teammate. The scoring center thinks that’s mostly luck, and has takes no credit for where the Legion are today.

“I think it’s a pretty misinformed stat, I could be a minus next year and feel like I’m playing the best defense of my life”.

Defense is where Jax is the strongest , but with 5 games left - you’d expect he wants to break his season high points with not much else to play for before the playoffs.

“To be honest I was hoping to get 40 goals - but I don’t think that’s happening. It would be pretty cool, but it’s not on my mind and I just want to get into the playoffs and start playing.”

Edited by ke1vi

This is a respectable outlook on your season finale. It would be nice to reach that goal you set for yourself as far as points, but it's admirable that you're bigger priority is making the playoffs. That says a lot about a player. And, honestly, I'm certain there's been cases where player's have had a 40+ goal season and didn't even make the playoffs. So, all that work for pretty much nothing. Even if you don't score another goal before the season ends, you've still had an impressive performance. Especially as a defensive type of player.