厄災 (Yakusai) - Knosis

Spartan

There's a lot to talk about, but not much I want to talk about. Motivation for this VHL.com article is significantly lacking, along with my general VHL interest recently. Now that's not a bad thing I'd say, because I'm still max earning and doing everything I should be doing. However, I'm not rushing to get my capped TPE all done at the start of a week and am relatively content to finish my claims midway through the week or so. I will admit, I've forgotten whether I've claimed all my stuff for a week a few times recently and panic check my player page to make sure I haven't forgotten anything on a Sunday evening. Maybe I'll get back in a groove soon.

The gen chat discourse still runs strong, which I love to see. For anyone new to my opinion on gen chat, I've always thought that gen chat should only be a landing spot for the league and a space for a little bit of casual chit chat, but I am a strong advocate for most activity to be funneled into team LRs. A massive community all in one channel just doesn't seem appealing, and is more intimidating for people to engage in. Breaking down that activity into LRs (use public chat channels!) makes the community seem less intimidating and its just a more intimate and relaxing setting. Every GM has a vibe and the LR will generally match it. Gen chat has always been the place where you go if you're super bored or procrastinating and want to shoot the shit or stir some shit. However that's really not what a central channel for the league should be, and that's probably why new members generally avoid it. So yeah, I'll still agree that gen chat is a cesspool that often has conversations that people simply get turned off from ever wanting to join. It's basically just the new thunderdome to me.

8 hours ago, Spartan said:

Gen chat has always been the place where you go if you're super bored or procrastinating

Yup, that sums my experience up nicely!! I am never in Gen Chat unless I am super bored or procrastinating, which was a few weeks back after Christmas; I think.

The general interest bug has hit as I think it is just that time of year just after Christmas where everyone is a bit down, busier and just looking forward to a bit of a break. I know this has hit me in the last few weeks and made worse with changing/recreating a new player. Just having a hard time getting behind the new one but I know he will be okay if I keep plugging away!!